Velvet Vortex ultrasonic vinyl cleaner

You too Tim, I’ll let you know if my cd’s sound any better :relieved:

1 Like

Do we have a whisky faff thread?

I’d still rather not at the moment :tumbler_glass::nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Custom Velvet Vortex for a fella who had a bath that has wider sides than the usual ultrasonic bath I use. So I’ve made him a Vortex with wider fitting.
Looks like a success.

9 Likes

The custom unit is finished and on it’s way to it’s new owner. To attach to his own bath.

Spent some time at the weekend making up some more motor units so I have three Velvet Vortex ready for immediate delivery.

Its still fun to make these and it’s good to know forum members are enjoying super clean vinyl and superior sound quality.

Last message sent to me from a recent new user.

”cleaned all my Pink Floyd, listening to Division Bell and F**** it’s good, really cleaned up mid range. Overall SQ is much improved. Now planning to clean my whole collection”

6 Likes

It must be a miraculous device if it can make Division Bell sound good. :innocent:

6 Likes

The record obviously shrunk in the wash…

1 Like

It’s always been a ringer to me

Latest addition to the Velvet Vortex is its own website.
Check it out on
www.velvetvortex.com
:grin:

16 Likes

Nice site Tim.

How about offering a cleaning fluid too, I’d guess there would be quite a bit of take up.

It is a nice site Tim. I’ll pm you a testimonial when I get a moment.

My personal upgrade would be a lid to see if the alcohol evaporates slower. Still dead chuffed with mine.

Can’t wait for mine.
Record cleaner overkill with the Lori but they both have their merits!

I’ll get that added to the product page, good idea

Plan to do a lid at some point it’s just finding time to work on one

1 Like

Dihydrogen monoxide is best.

2 Likes

Expensive stuff that, don’t expect anything less than £100/litre :grinning:

1 Like

Hydroxylic Acid works fairly well, too, I believe

1 Like

:+1: for a lid.
Save me using cling film. For those without a cleaner it is the best upgrade to a vinyl system.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind it mixed with a bit of dideuterium monoxide, hypochlorous acid, soluble Group 2 salts and partly metabolised pharmaceuticals then that’ll probably be available ‘on tap’ from a local monopoly supplier at a more reasonable (but likely still unreasonable) price.

Or you can wait for some to fall out of the sky.

VB

Don’t forget the carbonic acid too, especially in the gravitationally-treated type. Round your way you might get some nice nitro flavourings too.