Velvet Vortex ultrasonic vinyl cleaner

Round here the carbonic has often become the anion to the metal cations. And we try not to talk about the N and P from the NPK …

VB

In the uprising certainly, but unlikely in the descending

Had an idea to modify the supplied lid to fit around the Vortex to cover the bath.
I basically marked out where the side plates fit and used an angle grinder to cut out to allow the lid to fit.
It seemed to work quite well.

8 Likes

Just a suggestion - Would grommet strip glued all around the cutout help tidy up the ground off edge?

Perhaps even use it all around. Obs cutout size would need adjusting.
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GRS2.html?source=msn&msclkid=2bc34a2830b31c0e8e75172fd6e2a916

1 Like

A fein multi tool would probs work neater too

Would that cut 1.5mm stainless steel plate?

Not sure but i would try an E Cut carbide pro blade

1 Like

Other options using a metal blade on a jig saw

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-Lkry-SF01&hsimp=yhs-SF01&hspart=Lkry&p=jig+saw+for+stainless+video#id=1&vid=3c0ed4c21de06e78e12fb03db63349cd&action=click

Velvet Vortex is happy to sponsor the Uk parabadminton trophy for the Wheelchair 1 category.

30 Likes

Just ordered one of these fine machines for delivery to France :+1:

3 Likes

Will be working on your Velvet Vortex this evening it will be on its way to you in the next day or two.
I will send European adaptors for the power requirements.
Thank you

Thanks!

not sure if its obvious but these babies make a fantastic job of cleaning SWMBO’s jewellery

When I bought mine first job I undertook was to drop in the engagement ring and show my wife how much I love her having bought a machine specifically for the purpose of keeping the symbol of our love shining brightly:)

seriously though folks - if you haven’t tried it, diamond rings and other jewellery come up a treat, I use the same mix as I do on my records (just clean the records first)

apparently it also works on engine parts but I felt that the danger of transfer from oily metal to my vinyl was too great a risk.

1 Like

Here is Parabadminton player Dave Follett winner of the Velvet Vortex Trophy.
Very pleased to be involved with such a fantastic event.

22 Likes

Vortex Alfresco

8 Likes

Good luck getting through your record collection, having spent the last week cleaning I’m about half way there.

I can’t recommend the VV highly enough.

The positive impact on new vinyl has been a surprise.

I buy the odd record from a local dealer who cleans all their s/h stock on a vacuum cleaner. Those records aren’t a patch on the VV cleaned records and they benefit from the ultrasonic.

3 Likes

I’m only just through E.
Not including twelve inches and a rather large lot of PY label albums !

It’s less intrusive and more fun outside.

Thanks. I’m glad you like the Velvet Vortex. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Hi Guys

The nights are drawing in and its time to spend those dark nights listening to loads of records.

Hear all your favourites at their very best by cleaning them in a Velvet Vortex Ultrasonic Cleaner

Just drop me a PM for more details.

7 Likes

I don’t get a lot of time to clean records but this machine’s great - put a couple on, go & do something for 6 minutes, come back, rinse & put in the rack. Next two…
Much more time efficient then the Loricraft & it works as well if not better.
Thanks Tim!

4 Likes