Vintage B&O repairs

I’ve been asked by a friend if I know anyone who can repair B&O stuff, specifically a 70’s Beocenter 2000.

Apparently it has lost some output on one channel and is the same which ever source is selected.

Anyone got any ideas as to a repair person?

1 Like

Maybe here?
REPAIRS AND SERVICING - Quality Dream Audio (quality-dream-audio.co.uk)

1 Like

Looks great in that unit :+1:

1 Like

Contact Adam @Beobloke and ask him? although he doesn’t seem to post here anymore he might get an alert if you send him a PM

1 Like

good riddance.

Heh heh, that may have something to do with a little disagreement he and I had that blew up somewhat…

Ah. Maybe not contact him then :grinning:

There is a bloke on ebay who refurbishes b&o

Johmel52

Never dealt with him, but might be worth asking him

Bit harsh. He was always very helpful to me over the years.

3 Likes

Having a tough day sweetie ?

Really fucking shitty few weeks, a day I can handle but cunty clients are getting right on my tits now with their flip flopping and lack of decision making.

This, always found him to be a top chap.

2 Likes

Bit of a late reply (sorry) but you could try Tim Jarman. He writes the Vintage column for HiFi News and, with his brother, runs this website Beocentral - About Beocentral. To call his knowledge of the innards of B&O kit ‘encyclopaedic’ would be to overstate the amount of info in encyclopaedias.

VB

2 Likes

Thanks Graeme, yes this seems to be the name, do you think he is contactable on that website?

To be honest Ritchie it’s a long time since I’ve e-mailed Tim - more recently we’ve always chatted at audiojumbles, NVCF etc (remember them ?). It used to be possible to e-mail him c/o the standard HiFi News contact address, which is how I did it. I’ve no reason to believe that the beocentral website doesn’t work though. Adam Smith would certainly know how to contact him - they’re close friends.

VB

1 Like

Ok, thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, very of its time isn’t it? The stacked LPs are doing my head in though :dizzy_face: