Volvo V40 T2R, any experience? - or how I bought a green fiesta instead of a Maserati šŸ„“

155bhp in a fiesta? More than enough these days. Get something you can thrash mercilessly without constantly brushing 3 figures.

The Mini Cooper is 130bhp. Itā€™s not slow.

Heard a great quote the other day

Love - A temporary insanity cured by marriage

1 Like

Civic Type R ?

Funny Guy GIFs | Tenor

Not as funny as that shit box Vauxhall youā€™re so pleased about thoā€™

I had use of a Fiesta ST for a fortnight and it was the second most fun Iā€™d had driving a car., not far behind my ā€˜modifiedā€™ A3 :grimacing: A real hoot, plenty quick enough and handled like it was on rails.

Canā€™t afford anything that I like, basically.

While it may be more expensive up front Iā€™d imagine itā€™ll be cheaper long term - might be worth doing some calcs over a year or two?

Take it RM/PO doesnā€™t offer salary sacrifice for the short wearing brigade?

I kind of did do some fag packet sums when I looked at a Pug 208E (Ā£34k), deducted what I spend on fuel from the finance cost and it still worked out a bit expensive for a 208 that I didnā€™t really fit in properly.

1 Like

They do, but this is what Iā€™m getting at the momentā€¦

Might this offer a solution?

2 Likes

To hell with ā€œimageā€ - weā€™re middle aged men, weā€™re close to invisible, we only exist so Zoomers have someone to blame for everything. Buy the smaller, lighter, nimbler car and enjoy the shit out of it, indifferent to the opinions of morons.

Hmm, pretty, butā€¦

1 Like

:skull:

Two in our village, and one is paired with a Mito. They seem to be running all the time.

1 Like

Ignore all that. Take one for a test drive and make up your own mind.

Seriously, theyā€™re great to drive. 170bhp in a light car means itā€™s quick when you want to press on but it is also very comfy, handles well and the 6 speed auto box means you can pootle about like a Sunday pensioner when required. Flappy paddles and drive mode selector for when you want to drive like a hooligan.

ULEZ compliant and Ā£30 per annum road tax. Also theyā€™ve proved to be extremely reliable according to those annual reliability surveys the name of which escapes me.

Well worth checking out. I have been delighted with mine.

4 Likes

Very much this. ā€˜Reviewersā€™ exaggerate differences for effect and lots of people seem to go onto the internet principally to share their opinions about other peoples choice of car like it has any relevance whatsoever to anybody else.

Find something that you like that meets your needs.

1 Like

Buy summat you fill up with lectricity.

Seek therapy for mid-life crisis thing you seem to be having.

Or buy a 911 :rofl:

2 Likes

Itā€™s what happens when you start a thread asking what car should I buy!