Volvo V40 T2R, any experience? - or how I bought a green fiesta instead of a Maserati šŸ„“

Not driven a Fester in donkeys years, but they seem to be the hot hatch du nos jour and a fair deal less fugly than the competition :ok_hand:

:laughing:

The Fiesta ST is insanely fun. Quick enough to make you smile and practical enough to be household friendly.

Think if I was getting an ST, Iā€™d have a Focus. Itā€™s got a lot more road presence than the Fiesta ST which is really just a warm hatch and a bit of trim.

Iā€™d also be getting the orange one because itā€™s the best colour they do. I have spoken.

3 Likes

Focus RS with awd it is then.

1 Like

Yes! Although thatā€™s 911 (997) money. :rofl:

So are a lot of things, but a 997 isnā€™t exactly much of a family hatchback.

Also good 997s are quickly heading to 30k.

Exactly. Time to buy one!

Buy the dip!

1 Like

I did :grinning:

1 Like

Consistently the benchmark of performance chassis engineers use to start their design process with :+1:

(And avoids @Rob998 feeling a plum because heā€™s got a tarted up version of his daughterā€™s motor and subsequently pummeling his testosterones levels even lower than when he got oestrogen beaten into buying a horse).

2 Likes

Counterpoint. Itā€™s 2022, fuel costs a fortune and driving like a helmet carries more repercussions than it ever used to. The Fiesta can be exploited in a way that the size up of hot hatches cannot without the risk of severe penalties. The 2.3 litre engine in the ST is alsoā€¦ not without its issues although I grant you these are less of a problem in the lower state of tune there than when in the RS.

ST would be a bit too much middle-aged crisis for me i think,

Whats the 155bhp 1.0 Ecoboost like?

Counterpoint. Fiestas are girls cars. Literally in the case of Robā€™s family.

1 Like

Careful now, your fragile masculinity is showing. :handbag:

1 Like

Any reason youā€™re not getting a milk float?

Iā€™ve been married for far too long to have any masculinity left.

Thereā€™s (slim) hope for Rob though

Given that you willingly and knowingly bought a Mum truck milk float, yes.

From the guy who insisted driving must involve pressing a clutch pedal and then promptly bought an automatic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes