Weirdest Ebay ad i've ever seen

Vivaldi APEX DAC dcs ring in silver colour | eBay

this has SCAM written all over it surely. No proper photos, and the dude wants a £4000 non refundable bank transfer prior to collection?

This reads like lunacy!

2 Likes

Run away, far far away!

Surely anyone who can afford this can’t be that stupid?

1 Like

I’d have started running as soon as I read DCS.

2 Likes

you’d think not wouldn’t you!

i mean whats funny is, its not even a good price!

1 Like

i got in touch to ask for pictures and serial number. To my surprise, i received both. So possibly not a scam, just as weird dude who thinks you can just randomly ask for £4000 bank transfers

1 Like

I always put the pictures through google image search or Tineye reverse lookup to see if they have pinched.

One of our very own members was complaining last week that some cheeky buyer was asking if they could come and check-out the speakers he was selling! There’s every kind of odd on ebay…

2 Likes

Ebay is intrinsically a weird place.
Buyers are expected to send off large sums of money in the hope that they will get something vaguely approximating the description, deliverd working and in one piece.
Sellers send off their pride and joy ever wary that they are going to get scammed and the cash will disappear and they will have lost the goods.
It is the interests of both parties to make each other comfortable with the risk they are taking.
This invariably means some sort of compromise on both sides.
But people are shit scared and want everything on their terms.

Amazing that anything sells at all really.

Given that they aren’t allowed to demand a non refundable bank transfer deposit i wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. Its also over priced by a shit tonne.

2 Likes

agreed! price is dream land… I could get a new one for that!

1 Like