What albums have you bought lately?

Some compilation goodness

Are they using this as inspiration for the covers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crap-Towns-Worst-Places-Live/dp/0752215825

1 Like

Quite possibly :+1:

Interesting selection Al.

Only listened to 1 & 4 so far Mike but they are execllent - the Bob Stanley & Pete Wiggs series of comps are top drawer.

Jon Savage has done a series of compilations of specific years and eras so might get them as well.

They’re just great listening kinda like listeing to old classic compilation tapes your mates made for you :+1:

:+1:

I downloaded this compilation recently and it’s a good 'un as well- very low-fi indie type stuff by Pumf Records in Blackpool

1 Like

:+1: Seems like it could be right up my strasse.

Some cracking tunes on it.

The Sabbath is a Vertigo reissue on the Spaceship label. From memory this label was used for a few years before the NEMS disaster.

LA Woman is a VG+ UK 1st press. Been looking for a good copy for a few years and not seen one finer than this, a happy camper indeed.

10 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Todays from Music in the Green in Bakewell.

6 Likes

A lovely thing

4 Likes

I have the original pressing. There are some classic Durutti Column tracks on that.

1 Like

I went for the double CD version which comes as a hardcover book - a really nice package they’ve put together for it. They included a sampler CD as well which has a DR track Thin Ice (unedited version) on it.

1 Like

4 Likes

5 Likes

Long time since I have played that. CD just taken off the shelf.

I haven’t played it for ages either. @edd9000 was playing it at my bake off and triggered some fond memories of it when it first came out. Still sounding great even on coloured vinyl.