Oxfam 3 for 2.

1 Like

Like the look of the Charpentier box set :ok_hand:

I recognise the Love Album.

Forgotten about this. Must dig it out.

1 Like

Will certainly be ordering this.

Details from email.

Ensoulment, THE THE’s first studio album of new songs in a quarter century, will be released on Cinéola / earMUSIC on Friday 6 September 2024 . Encompassing characteristic topics ranging from love & sex, war & politics, life & death – to the meaning of what it is to be human in the 21st century.

“We live in fascinating times. Things are becoming more and more strange, inverted, and hallucinogenic. But it is vital to be hopeful. I hope people get out of this album what we put into it. It was created under happy circumstances, with a great atmosphere amongst the band and all the people who worked on it. There was a lot of thought, a lot of work, a lot of love – and a lot of laughter!”
-Matt Johnson

Matt is joined by long-standing THE THE stalwarts James Eller (bass), DC Collard (keyboards), Earl Harvin (drums), and Barrie Cadogan (lead guitar). The album also marks the return of co-producer and engineer Warne Livesey, who previously worked on landmark THE THE albums Infected (1986) and Mind Bomb (1989). Additional performances include Gillian Glover (backing vocals), Terry Edwards (horns), Sonya Cullingford (fiddle) and Danny Cummings (percussion).

Over the years, THE THE’s releases have developed a distinct aesthetic style, which in no small part owes to the artwork of Matt Johnson’s late brother Andrew (AKA artist Andy Dog). Ensoulment proudly features some of Andrew’s previously unpublished works on the cover, in the exquisitely designed 32-page booklet for the vinyl and CD formats, as well as on the covers of all singles.

The album will be available in the following formats: Gatefold 12” Black Double Vinyl / Limited Edition Gatefold 12” Crystal Clear Double Vinyl / Exclusive Limited 10" Triple Vinyl Box Set / CD Hardcover Mediabook / Jewelcase CD / Limited Edition Cassette. There will be 3 x 7” Vinyl Singles, the first of which is now available to preorder.

1 Like

Billie Eilish’s new album - Hit Me Hard and Soft…
…out today. :+1:

2 Likes

1 Like

Good old Edinburgh charity shops. For only £50, you too can own a knackered, warped copy of fleetwood mac in mono.

But, they saw it go for that on Discogs huh!

Morons

1 Like

Lady Blackbird ‘Slang Spirituals’

4 Likes

From Norman Records sale yonks back - no idea why they took so long.

Bit modern for me. Hopefully glitchtastic. Liked his earlier work. Think German King Tubby.

Picked these up first thing

Ordered it. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

5 Likes

Must be all gone now I got a copy this afternoon with six left :grin:

Couple of pre-orders and the new Lovely Eggs LP

Ishmael Ensemble - Rituals

2 Likes