What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

I’m so glad you tried it. Nice one. I liked it so much last year my wife bought me a case for Christmas.

1 Like

it was the last one on the shelf at our local beer shop, and I recognised the can from your post, so i had to try it

It sells fast and they only do it at Christmas.

Still working through the festive beer stash

Basically, anything I can find and post Christmas that is more than enough. Half a bottle of a nice French white. Half a bottle of port, with cheese natch. A couple of glasses of Madeira, then the same of cognac. Now an ice cold Peroni. I have a pint of water with it but fuck, something tells
Me I wasn’t quite ready for Christmas to end! I may pay tomorrow…

3 Likes

Tried all manner of Port and just can’t get on with it. Madeira, likewise.

Not many drinks that I can’t quaff to excess, but those two along with Sherry just make me feel sick.

Still, never mind, I have whisky!

Currently, this is being enjoyed

1 Like

I love scotch, especially Islay but I’m leaving that well alone. It is guaranteed to give me proper ag in the morning!

Been getting through most of this tonight…

4 Likes

I had a collection of quality Port at one point. I used to go to Oporto a lot for work. I’ve gone through it all now sadly, good Port is blinding, bloody love the stuff.

5 Likes

Nice, if you like the stuff. Had some really daft, mentally priced Port at posh dinners and still don’t get it.

Horses for courses mate.

1 Like

I had some 40 year old stuff, was magnificent! Too powerful for cheese, just great for sipping. One day when the family have flown I shall get back into expensive alcohol. :+1:

2 Likes

we spent alot of time there and visiting the wineries in the upper Douro.

1 Like

I used to be invited, annually, to The Worshipful Company of Shipwrights dinner. It was always a grand affair and had the obligatory ‘passing the port’ ritual after the speeches. Heaven help you if you didn’t pass it to the left. I faked a right hand pass one year, the faces of the rest of the members at the table were enough to make sure I didn’t do it again.

3 Likes

Not done that, would love to. I had may trips there but stayed in Oporto. I made a great friend that I share my birthday with (31st May) who is a couple of years older than me. Loves food and wine, always sends me Christmas and Birthday greetings. I miss him, life is too short… Anyway, he always says, come over, bring the family and we’ll do the upper Douro. I’ve not taken him up on it, mainly because I can’t ever quite afford it! Great people there, really down to earth. :+1:

1 Like

Decent port + nice Stilton = All the win

1 Like

ignore the glass fail

2 Likes

A bottle of that was in my beer advent calendar. Will try it soon.