What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

Agreed. I don’t, as a rule, drink much lager. I would drink Pilsner in preference. But I had some in Thame and thought it a cut above the usual swill. I just think it could have been sooo much better. I guess that’s the difference between small production brews and mega output. I can add what I like without it costing more than a few pence. But “economies of scale” and all that…

Yeah it was nice enough that I was surprised to see it was Guinness. Obviously marketed to look like craft beer. Nicer than 99% of what’s served in the wank hipster craft beer pub in town though :stuck_out_tongue:

tonight we start with

strong on the bitter orange

then

martin miller Westbourne Strength, loads of vanilla and citrus lime.

then a taste test

2017-03-12_07-25-04 by uh_simon, on Flickr

on the right the standard Tarquins Dry, soft and herbal, on the left Tarquins Dry The Nomadic, a smack in the mouth with floral loveliness great lavender taste left on the palate. The Nomadic wins in this occasion…

On shift in a minute then Terry :grin:

After the earlier G&T and now a couple of Pale Ales it would be an interesting shift :smirk:

1 Like

Well deserved after a very hard bike ride today

2 Likes

Virgin?

How dare you

Feel like I deserve another one

For old times sake and I’ll probably regret it

IMG_20170316_185805 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

http://www.harpers.co.uk/Pictures/200xAny/7/3/9/110739_Mo-Sisters-Coonawarra-Cabernet-Sauvignon.jpg

1 Like

Couple of pints of Wainwright in the Grey Horse in East Boldon, they’ve just introduced a beer card, buy 8 and get one free, would be rude not to I think!

2 Likes

I absolutely adore Thwaites bitter. Do they have Best on tap? I prefer it to Wainwrights.

No, just Wainwright on tap, just one of 6 that they rotate as each barrel runs out. I did only have 2 in the end as I need to get up for work in the morning! Got a Jalfrezi on the way home and been listening to Wrecking Ball, which is pretty good for a Thursday night. Missus is out tonight so had to take advantage!

2 Likes

You are correct though, the Thwaites beers are bloody good!

Timothy Taylor’s Landlord in the Grey Horse tonight:blush:. Then home for some music and a couple of Old Spotty Chuck:grinning:.