What are you eating for Christmas? Thread necro for 2023

Small parsnip.

2 Likes

Isn’t he a blues guitarist from Michigan?

1 Like

I’m in Northern Ireland ATM. The parsnips (and potatoes) all appear to be the size of a French bulldog.

This later…

4 Likes

we like leftovers …bread, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, mayo, layers of leftover turkey, mustard, layers of leftover salt beef, pickles, gruyere cheese - stick under the grill til the cheese melts, top off with a slice of bread… and eat the 8cm thick sandwich… yum

oh and use granary bread for its health benefits…

1 Like

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/15727397_1189858951095510_751752699894424465_n.png?oh=813a2ad40230fa1cadda367207acdae3&oe=58DAAB88

1 Like

70’s style turkey curry with sultanas and everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cottage Pie today. Enough for the next few days too.

cheese and wine

Homemade very unauthentic but tasty curry using anything I could scrape together.

1 Like

Left overs pie, cheesy mash and liquor

3 Likes

Thread necro from post apocalypse :+1:

For the first time in 15 years we are having turkey.
We’ve mostly been having rib of beef or leg of lamb, but felt like having turkey for a change.

As usual we will have already pulled up the drawbridge, so it will just be the two of us.

We will have ALL the usual things with it, and some well curated wines.

Whatchou doing’ ?

I won’t be regurgitating any 7 year old threads Bruv, that’s for sure :rofl:

1 Like

Only 5 of us this year.

FoL#2 Lauren wants to do brekkie, some kind of avocado, smoked salmon, toast and poached egg arrangement apparently. Obvs some fizz to get the juices flowing.

Then a seafood thingy to start, quite what the thingy will be determined by what I can find at the fishmongers on Saturday morning.

Turkey crown, beef and gammon etc, As usual, I’m not allowed to do them in the bbq, FoL#1 Ellie has said she’s good at roasties, I’m not sure I am in a place to give up control of that crucial aspect, might let her do the veg…

Claire is doing pudding, a meringue/berries/cream concoction that sounds very much like eton mess but she is adamant that it’s not.

1 Like

No point starting another thread when they already exist :+1:

1 Like

The line between pavlova and eton mess could be argued to be a matter of clumsiness :rofl:

2 Likes

Turned down a very kind offer of xmas lunch with the neighbours, preferring to spend it alone (if the company of 2 Springers can be considered being alone!)

As ever, I will be grazing on pigs in blankets for most of the morning.

Dinner will be Roast turkey crown, roast spuds, veg, sausage meat stuffing, more pigs in blankets, Yorkshire puds & gravy. Bottle of fizz. Thinking of making a chocolate cheesecake for pudding.

Supper will also be very meat orientated and various Malts will be sampled along with a Cuban cigar or two.

15 Likes

I appear to be the only person in the company not working on Christmas day - just wondering if I offer to cook for people for as and when they finish (suspect most people will be done by 17:00 or so). Challenge is this apartment is magnitudes too small to host that many people.

4 Likes

get them all to bring the high class leftovers.