What good things have you found on Bandcamp recently?

And my name is not Chris Fox, but I feel his pain

Yeah, pretty generous really. I guess they’re hoping it will trigger a multitude of full album purchases.

Well that was a bit of an epic download (11.8 Gb).

Now to unfuck the tags :man_facepalming:

Good luck :+1:

A quick look suggests it’s a wild mixture of 24 bit 44.1/48/96

I do occasionally wonder how much the more extreme fringes of metal and punk benefit from chin-stroking audiophile formats.

Some PWYW label compilations for 2020.

Manic Depression (post punk / new wave)
Bipolar Sounds 2020 | Manic Depression Records

Cryo Chamber (dark ambient)
Dark Ambient of 2020 | Cryo Chamber

Artoffact (everything: deathrock industrial postpunk goth)
Artoffact Records 2020 Sampler | Artoffact Records

1 Like

This isn’t a specific release per se, but it’s still potentially good news if it works; https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-vinyl-pressing-service

Goa / psychedlic trance fans, these guys

appear to have been buying up a lot of 90s back catalogue. Lots of Goa Gil.

This has been a favourite since the 90s

This too

although I have it as a 2 CD set with the second CD done by Keiba and Kode IV

Most of the prices are sensible, but $50 for the CD of the Pete Namlook / Mixmaster Morris collab is a bit OTT.

Still, who needs physical media eh?

2 Likes

I need to add to my sparse trance collection

Ooh. Is it Bandcamp Friday? :man_facepalming:

System 7 definitely in the lead with in the “absolute fucking avalanche of emails” so far.

1 Like

I was talking with the wife this morning about the huge number of Shamen remix/best of compilations on Spotify, and suggesting that a lot of 90s artists can dig out their back catalogues and put them on some kind of digital service to at least try to make some money.

This morning I’ve discovered that my favourite 90s Goa label TIP records has gone full Bandcamp

I particularly like the way that the original album art is long gone in a haze of bong smoke, so why not shove the LP cover in a scanner and slap it up there.

I reckon my attempts with a scanner were slightly better

although from the reflections it’s clear that it is / was a very shiny CD inlay.

A new initiative by Negative Gain Productions (that has released plenty of good stuff such as Kanga, Twin Tribes, Cygnets etc). Old-school into new-school: a goth/industrial (pdf) magazine as part of a free sampler download. PWYW.

NGP Magazine! Issue 1 (Women of Dark Electro) | Negative Gain Productions

2 Likes

1 Like

Basically a “save the pub” charity. Nitzer Ebb, Roisin Murphy, Daniel Avery…

20% off Hospital Productions (Vatican Shadow, Prurient etc.) until Friday with code BYOBNYC

Punk/pop/folk?

2 Likes

Toady is 24/2, zwei-vier-zwei, EBM day.

Code ebmday242 on Alfa Matrix on bandcamp gives you 30% off all downloads and a lot of physical releases.

1 Like

This is utterly fucking fabulous;

3 Likes

Christ on a bike, is it Bandcamp friday?

My phone hasn’t stopped chirruping since 7.30 :man_facepalming:

1 Like