What I'm watching (Part 1)

Just watched that on +1, Ayrtons old Williams looked tiny! Or is Guy too tall for a F1 car?

Jensons prototype was ace, want one.

1 Like

No problem :grinning: without wanting to speak for your wife , I think she probably meant that men (actually a lot of women don’t either) don’t talk about events in their lives that might lead to a PTSD or complex PTSD (experienced as a child) diagnosis. Which is very true.

3 Likes

Just finished watching (recorded previously) Travels in Trumpland with Ed Balls.

I knew it was bad, but the level of fuckwittery in the USA is staggering. Episode 2 about guns and guns and guns and more guns is proof, if ever it were needed, that they are indeed beyond redemption.

Where they go from here is beyond me.

3 Likes

The irony is the people calling for the swamp to be drained are the swamp

2 Likes

yes , thats what she meant

I just caught up with this. It looked like fun !

It was good to see that top of the ‘Special Thanks To’ credits was our very own f1eng :+1:.

VB

1 Like

Yeah, I was really hoping to see @f1eng on camera sporting one of his most excellent cardigans :+1:

1 Like

On radio tonight was interesting programme about homelessness done by someone with experience of street life, it was very insightful .there was a chap in Torquay who outed some of the beggars who were moving in to the area pretending but there was quite an outcry about this.

New season of Killjoys.

Watched Icarus on Netflix last night.
Well worth a look.

Watched ep.1 of Bodyguard last night. Looks decent.

4 Likes

Watching Lewis Pugh finishing ‘The Long Swim’

Absolutely amazing feat and for a very important cause.

Congratulations, a hell of an effort!

2 Likes

yes , amazing . i have also been reading about that chap who swam it at under 12 years of age and still holds the record . incredible guy

Like doing 400 lengths a day for 7 weeks with the added difficulty of waves & jellyfish. Amazing. In his favour the channel has been a lovely temperature this summer.

Do you have a link? Every report I’ve seen says it’s never been done before.

I’m sure he means across.

He said the temperature was great at the start, but very cold towards the end.

Yes the hot summer actually ended on August 8th.

House of Cards on iPlayer.

1 Like

Yes it was an article in telegraph sat 25th Aug about Tom Gregory in Sept 1988 .his record is unbroken as the channel swimming assoc banned those under 12 from swimming the channel. I believe his book is called - a boy in the water