What I'm watching (Part 1)

Fleabag. Consistently high quality.

4 Likes

Russian Doll.

Groundhog Day.

It’s good, but not as good as the first series so far.

The first series certainly had more shock value. I liked seeing the priest in turn noticing her looks to another dimension. Also the line about favourite period film :grinning:

1 Like

I find both series equally good, but different.

The ‘do I have a massive arsehole’ line from the first series still makes me laugh when i remember it. I like that sort of thing.

Loving the fourth wall breaking, and Phoebe’s facial expressions are priceless comedy.

The last episode of the final series of Shetland

Was Fetlar ablaze as the riot police raided Funzie’s unlicensed brothels looking for women performing circus tricks with bananas?

3 Likes

Would be a shame if that were to happen just as all Paul’s peat finally dried out :frowning_face:.

VB

2 Likes

Really enjoyed it. Pity they’re not going to make any more.

Me too

Secrets of Silicon Valley.

Fuck me, live life now while you still can. Scarey shit and it’s heading our way.

Well worth a watch.

Just started Derry Girls. A good few laugh out loud moments so far.

1 Like

married at first sight , not quite sure of the ethics of this but they sure seemed to do well with the first couple …oh my gosh she was gorgeous !!!

Volcano :rofl:

Watched POSE last night. A few of us used to go to gay clubs in London around that time as it was the only place to hear decent dance music. I can definitely say that London was not as flamboyant as NY. Enjoyed the programme though. Great casting.

1 Like

This. They were great in the very late 1980s and early 1990s. I saw New Order play at Heaven on at least two occasions (February 1981 and August 1984 IIRC). There was a remarkably different atmosphere at the 1984 gig, partly due to the fact it was rammed and about 40C indoors. The after gig club was wild.

1 Like

Heaven was always a blast. But our regular haunt was the Bali Hai, above Streatham ice rink.

Never heard of it. When I worked in the City in 1988 and 1989 a couple of the chaps on my team were ‘regulars’ at Heaven. We would go infrequently as I almost always was at a gig after the Friday pub session. I went to a couple of clubs in Berlin in the summer of 1988 with those lads that were positively insane. (Sigh) happy days…

2 Likes