What I'm watching (Part 1)

Can’t seem to find much about the BH, but did see this…
"
Bali Hai was renowned in London over the 70’s and 80’s as a leader in Jazzfunk, R&B ad Reggae. They were known for the parties on Wednesday and Friday nights, as this was when they would play all the latest imported from the U.S.A"

Can’t find any mention of the Saturday night (Gay night) but it must have been well known as there were often coachloads of people arriving from all over the country.

The Dirt on Netflix last night. Story of Motley Crue, sex, drugs, alcohol, heavy metal.
Right up my street.

1 Like

Madeleine McCann on Netflix

The OA, season 2.

2 Likes

Dark on Netflix.

1 Like

Oh that looks interesting!

Very good so far (up to ep.3)

1 Like

Just noticed Space 1999 is on Forces TV!

4 Likes

Yes and ufo

2 Likes

OA

Everly - Salma Heyek and lots of violence and blood, worked for me :slight_smile:

Piercing - different

A Cure For Wellness - A well trodden plot line, but liked it all the same. The mad doctor is the same actor playing the mad Doc in OA, thinks he’s carving out a niche.

1 Like

We’ve been watching the Monty Don series on Netflix; looking at various French and Italian gardens. It’s not my normal viewing material but I’ve found it utterly wonderful. His voice in particular is just perfect, it gives a mood not unlike listening to Test Match Special of the late John Peel. The gardens have been pretty amazing as well.

3 Likes

Have you watched the recent 2part programme on Japanese gardens that he did? Should still be on the iPlayer.

1 Like

Can’t get iPlayer but I will definitely try and find it, I really like Japanese gardens.

I’m shocked you haven’t you got a VPN up and running.

Nor do I. Can you recommend one? My brother gets Tidal Hi-Fi for less than 2 quid, as he signed up for it via a server in Turkey.

For that very reason my wife will watch anything he fronts. Japanese gardens on BBC recently was very good. He’s an institution.

Watched POSE last night, and enjoyed a great deal. Anything that well made featuring soul/dance/hiphop of the time is a winner with me👍
My sister was the clubber/dj in our family, 3 years older than me so I just got to hear it all from across the landing at home. She went to and dj’ed at the main gay clubs in Birmingham for the very reasons you mention, best music, and most welcoming crowd

1 Like

Handmade in Japan - Samurai Sword.

Repeat on BBC4, but well worth watching again.

tony robinson on great train journeys last night in Japan was excellent too

1 Like

One of the top 3 movies ever (the others being Where Eagles Dare, and The Shadow)