What I'm watching (Series 2)

On BBC Scotland now.

1 Like

Back to Dylan now.

2 Likes
3 Likes

HD version on Netflix, looks better than it did in the cinema first time round

3 Likes

This is pretty decent, not exactly a flattering portrayal of the US prison system.

1 Like

Samoa and Tonga facing off before the rugby
 spine tingling

1 Like

Finished the SAS Rogue Heroes series last night.

I thought it was a really good watch, obviously a lot of artistic license applied to events but well shot and interesting characters. Enjoyed the soundtrack too.

YMMV

Watching now, immensely enjoying it.

1 Like

An awful weather day so no walk but another visit to the cinema this time to see Amsterdam. This is the somewhat true* story of 3 friends who’d bonded at the end of WW1 and who’d come together again 15 years later back in the US to thwart a right wing coup funded by industrialists aiming to install a dictator of the European variety.

Christian Bale, Margot Robbie and John David Washington lead but the cast also includes Robert DeNiro, Mike Myers & Rami Malek.

It’s quirky in how it’s told, funny in places & looks beautiful. Something about it fails to quite deliver the kind of punch the actual plot should but it’s enjoyable & well worth the entrance fee compared with much of the dross on offer at the moment. Would recommend.

*There was a plot. Who knows who actually was instrumental in thwarting it?

2 Likes

Alexei Sayle on R4, he is tack sharp and shows a clean pair of heels to the mediocre comedians who have to be compered on stage as if watching them is an event in its own right.

Refreshing take on life.

6 Likes

Aus v NZ, women’s RL. Great game :muscle:

Started the English last night, bloody good so far.

BBC2.

4 Likes

We’re planning to watch that this evening :+1:

Andor on Disney+, still great viewing, can’t help but think a hidden Jedi is going to pop up soonish

1 Like

Got hooked, watched the lot in UHD via I Player.

This would look great on a 55"plus TV, the cinematography and scenery are beautiful.

Excellent, official Remembrance has become a TV show called The National Silence at 1030, BBC.

All quiet on the Western Front. Netflix. Extraordinary new portrayal of WW1 told from a German perspective (not that it makes any difference) A much better film than 1917.

2 Likes

Is it anywhere near as good as the 1930 version?

1 Like

Haven’t seen that one although I’m aware of it. I thought I’d seen a 70s version but looking it up I realise that was ‘Oh what a lovely war’, a very different take.