What I'm watching (Series 2)

Watched that Boiling Point last night. Quite enjoyed it.

1 Like

Heads up for this

Sky Arts - 9pm - tonight

1 Like

Not sure that it matters - as long as you have the gist of the (many) sub-plots - the real story (tragedy?) is about what happens to Jimmy/Saul and Kim - I think itā€™s a masterpiece.

3 Likes

Selling Sunset S5. Excellent.

This series is gash. Avoid.

4 edisodes in nothing has moved on since the opening scenes, apart from the introduction of quasi-ironic characters.

Filed under W for wank.

Severance is really good.

2 Likes

Hahha, and this is why Christopher Nolan films are actual PISH.

6 Likes

Iā€™d watch that movie.

3 Likes

Interesting critique of Nolanā€™s use of exposition

1 Like

Someoneā€™s I idly wonder if Nolan is a psychopath, and needs to explain emotion because he canā€™t experience it!

He does headfuck better than anyone, but all his recent films have been close to great without quite actually making it. Iā€™ve really enjoyed them all, but they have been lacking. Those comments on exposition really hit the mark.

2 Likes

He needs to explain his stories because theyā€™re full of unnecessarily over complicated concepts that make fuck all sense, and make you not care or give a shit what happens in them.

He may do the head fuck moment but heā€™s gash at telling a story

This is excellent. You mostly know the story but seeing who Navalny actually is, what heā€™s like & particularly the sting phone call made to the FSB guy who tried to kill him is fascinating. All made the more poignant from now knowing where Putin went next.

1 Like

Canoe man on Iplayer

Seems there is also an itv version

Forgot had mad a thing it was.15 years ago already.

Iā€™ve been watching this just now:

New Ozark episodes, S4 Ep8+, game on.

1 Like

No Ozark spoilers please

2 Likes

Lighthouses on channel 5
Building Wolf Rock - 8 miles off the coast of Cornwall in the North Atlanticā€¦

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/RfbUWZsE2S8

Maybe this should be in the YouTube thread, but Iā€™m watching it on the big screen via the stereo (hifi) set up.
Raw, but still one of the best live bands anywhere.

(Iā€™d have gone had my wife not been away).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C9w_u4vceDw

2 Likes