I do like Brad Pitt as an actor mind.

The finale.

No spoilers…Unexpectedly excellent.

3 Likes

Watching as we speak.

Good to hear it’s good!

1 Like

Looking forward to this later :grimacing:

Agreed. An excellent concluding episode.

1 Like

Very good indeed.

Hmm, thought it was ok, though not sure how they could have wrapped it up any better.

1 Like

Finished Yellowstone - I think it generally matured as the series went on, season 3 in particular is great. I think the characters evolve nicely throughout. Good show overall.

Now on The Sandman - very meh. Nice plot but the acting is pretty poor, I feel like I’m watching some kind of drama student practice.

Haven’t started it yet but I read somewhere that it takes 4 episodes to get into its groove.

Currently revisiting the 19 episodes of Detectorists and enjoying it every bit as much as the first time.

1 Like

Thanks, will stick with it and see - just finished ep.2.

The Detectorists was great, very gentle.

The first half is great and then I thought it lost focus and went a bit downhill from Ep. 6 or so.

YMMV :man_shrugging:

Neil Gaiman is a massive bluffer. Can’t write for shit.

[legs it]

3 Likes

Good Omens was done well but American Gods and Sandman have not been translated at all well to TV. Don’t even mention that fucking dog shite Lucifer series…

Have to say I remember reading Alan Moore’s graphic novels and enjoying them, and then eagerly trying The Sandman, and being very disappointed. Think I tried one or two of his other works and also felt like I was missing something.

Because he has good ideas, but can’t write them.

[legs it again]

1 Like

This is the truth I can never say in front of my wife

Don’t mind the sandman so far (about ep 5).
I’ve heard it fizzles out in the usual set up the next series sort of way.
Did not like American Gods at all; something about it seemed off.

Lovejoy without Tinker.

2 Likes

You all did better than me, episode 1 was my limit on sandman.

I have struggled through 3 so far, it certainly.likes to plod along like it could have been done in half the time