What is on your pancake you bastard?

I’ve eaten many of them, loved the chicken curry ones, much to my mother’s shame today :slight_smile: Was Findus back in the day though.

1 Like

3 Likes

Does look like an IHOP copy. Been there, done that. Not British at all!

1 Like

Yes I remember Findus and wondered why I hadn’t seen them for a while; discontinued in 2019, I think. The beef and onion was my first experience; really tasty ! :yum::yum::yum:

Given what waffling is understood to mean, it’s surprising that a waffle actually has structural integrity & could support itself if held at the edge but that’s because of its shape, A pancake has no such structure & will always flop.

That’s a Scottish pancake, english ones are closer to crepes. You scotch types seem to have copied the american style pancakes

English pancakes are similar to French crepes and Italian crespelle. They may be eaten as a sweet dessert with the traditional topping of lemon juice and sugar, drizzled with golden syrup

Pancakes (also called Scotch pancakes or Scottish pancakes ) are more like the American type. In parts of Scotland they are also referred to as drop scones They are made from flour, eggs, sugar, buttermilk or milk, salt, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar. Smaller than American or English pancakes.

2 Likes

Yeah, pancakes as I know them are the whole size of the large frying pan and very thin.

They never really recovered from the PR disaster of putting horse meat in their lasagne.

Honestly, some people are so unforgiving. Given what we know about the cost or looking after horses, Findus should actually have charged a premium for the lasagne. :grinning:

7 Likes

Scotchmen commenting on culinary matters :joy: :rofl:

5 Likes

Pretty certain that the wife would call those “drop scones”. Just to add some Irish into the regional confusion.

1 Like

It’s relevance to pancakes is minimal, it’s relevance to the stupidity displayed in that post however…

One does get the feeling that the glory that is a haggis was more of a “monkeys and typewriters” type affair than a work of culinary genius.

1 Like

Most nations nostalgically elevate famine survival fare into culinary delicacies: like Icelanders with rotten shark or Italians with maggoty cheese, so too with Haggis - take all the bits no-one else wants and hide them in a bag (that’s also a bit no-one else wants), boil it until it’s no-longer toxic, serve and survive… That for once the result is delicious is - as you imply - coincidence, I’m sure :ok_hand:

Get it right up yi, ya bunch of cheese eating surrender monkey crepe copying muthafuckering, cunts! Even Tam Warburton knows I’m right.

4 Likes

Americanised wrongery :fu:

3 Likes

Well done, it’s a type of pancake. Note they don’t call them British Pancakes, do they now?

Also, the notion that one should put any store by the terminologies of marketing people is hilarious.

2 Likes

Only here could a fight break out over pancakes.

Carry on, as if you’re normal.

9 Likes

You’re asking a bit much there, Orificer! :man_police_officer:

2 Likes
1 Like