What kit are you listening to today?

Nottingham Dais with a Benz Wood on a Nottingham 12” Anna arm and a Benz LPS on an SME 312s. Then a Viva Phono LT into a Pass B1 buffer and a pair of Welborne Type 45 monoblocs. Speakers are Oris Swing. All bought second hand over the years apart from the Wood cart and the SME arm. Cables are AN Pallas from phonostage to preamp, Auditorium 23 from preamp to amps and Hifi collective silver from amps to speakers.

21 Likes

There’s some great looking kit and rooms in this thread.

I am ashame.

1 Like

I’ve taken an entirely different approach to my system.

Where all these guys have confidently marched off, down the mega bucks, fantastic sound, pride of ownership route, I’ve staggered off, drunkenly, down, cheap as chips, shit sound, oh fuck, tell me that’s not mine alley, and it’s worked out for me.

9 Likes

You and me, we’re the same.

Although over the years I seem to have spent quite a lot of money and still achieved astoundingly shit sound and sack-of-spanners looks.

I believe that takes both skill and dedication.

5 Likes

Indeed. A much misunderstood and under rated talent, I fear.

Oh, and nearly forgot - F3 filtering block and Supra mains cables from Paul at Evolution Audio :+1:

1 Like

I’ll be listening to @Ijrussell s kit all day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Electrician in today

1 Like

I do hope it is covered in plaster and paint :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

3 Likes

You have earthy kit?

2 Likes

She is filth

4 Likes

Cheap and cheerful
The other half would prefer ls3s as she still has delusions of a larger dining table and chairs

13 Likes

@stu Women are silly. What actual stuff is it? Don’t recognise the amp.

Lovely kit, lovely room :ok_hand:

You must be joking! I’ve dropped so many bollocks, it’s like some kind of horrifying Ball Pit!
Judging by the amount of music you play, you must have got something pretty right!

Anyway less moaning more pics!

Same speakers,tannoy grf copy cabs,le cleach horn with coral tweeter,mid and bass,
Arion Adonis amp

Systemdek,with neat tonearm and Hana EL cart

Spunked a large chunk on the QED 79 strand cables

6 Likes

Oooh - do likey - that Systemdek really does look mint!

But yeh, you need some Donkey CockTM in your life, f’sure.

Messy lounge is messy at the moment.

Kit is a Box Designs Maia and AE103s

6 Likes

old pics as the kit hasn’t changed in years now

WP_20151212_14_57_38_Pro by uh_simon, on Flickr

WP_20160220_12_32_15_Pro by uh_simon, on Flickr

my lovely sounding AN/E’s

WP_20160227_18_36_13_Pro by uh_simon, on Flickr

those pics are really old, just realised the CD player has been relocated to get it off the floor

20170414_191141 [13376206] by uh_simon, on Flickr

4 Likes

What other transports / dacs have you had and how did they compare?

Owned dozens of CDP which I’ve tried into all sorts of DACs, and I’ve borrowed a scattering of transports, among others CECs and TEAC VRDS, but to date there have always been dedicated CDPs I’ve preferred - my favourite remains the last gen Unico CDE (not heard the latest version), so not an avenue I’d have bothered exploring if I’d not flogged this stuff for a while.

Thing is, the Pro-ject RS boxes are designed to work as a combo - and specifically to use a two-wire link to slave clocks and isolate data and timing - this works bloody well and allows upsampling of the humble CD to 176.4kHz (which sounds audibly better than other options) as well. Hard to evaluate beyond that.

I’ve not seen the point of tinkering with other kit, as the DAC sounds great with a nice set of Mullards in it, and there’s currently no major file format it can’t play.

2 Likes