Which Bond film is best?

Runs in the family - Stronzi Snr

Was it worse than Katy Price playing celebrity poker with mirrored sunglasses on?

1 Like

Sheriff JW!

Clifton_James_as_Sheriff_Pepper

3 Likes

Other than seeing the odd clip, here and there, I’ve never watched a Bond film.

There, I’ve said it.

1 Like

Have to admit to only watching one in its entirety which was live and let die at the cinema in ramsgate

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: I’ve never seen… (…because I’m a fucking philistine)

Best Bond film?

The one I’m in of course. . . :no_mouth:

All of them cos they is mostly bonkers and escapism from the drudgery of normal human existence for a couple of hours

1 Like

On acid?

Sadly not. Was only 10,so was just a few lines of coke

9 Likes

Goldfinger
I enjoy all the Roger Moore films as well, just because they’re so deliciously stupid.
Would enjoy seeing what Lazenby would have done given a few more outings.

1 Like

Sean Connery’s totally convincing Japanese disguise in You Only Live Twice. LOL

3 Likes

. . . I wasn’t joking

Well I quite enjoyed Live and Let Die. Sure it’s from another time - it’s full of racism and misogyny, and much of the allure of Bond is in the mystery of the exotic locations, which now are commonplace.

But all the Bond signatures were there and done well (main antagonist: “let me show you exactly how it works”; Bond abandoned in a deadly environment where nobody bothers to actually watch his gruesome demise; absurd gadget; comedy evil-doer death etc).

Roger Moore (surely a better name for the character than James Bond?) is fine really - I like the sheer chutzpah of him dressed like a massive English cunt strolling into a Harlem diner and expecting absolute success at getting the information he needs. He is very close to a serious Johnny English though!

It steers the line between action and light relief well. Was it actually groundbreaking in this respect? Are there any earlier action films that manage the lightness without becoming comedies? This kind of thing is well developed now, but I think it was quite rare in the 70s.

Better than I expected.

Nobody cares.

7 Likes

OK. (bugger you, I am nearly 70 you know, drool drool)

Here I am.

YOLT

4 Likes

What film?

Bellringer.

Bell-ringer, wah wah, wahhhh
His bells are gold.

6 Likes

Looks like Bellender.

1 Like

Honestly… people banging on about a part they played years ago. Gouche.

6 Likes