Why do so many buildings catch fire during renovations?

Hmm, I suppose he is a builder, in a sort of way

He is probably having a nice holiday having constructed the heavens and earth. Sadly, the maintenance plan for the upkeep of it all appears to be a bit shite. Typical feckin’ builder. I bet the subbies get the blame though.

1 Like

PFI contract?

But but but
if he is all knowing and perfect his defects liability period should be infinite.

Possibly, although the private sector work on Dinosaur upkeep has been the subject of a lengthy dispute over standards.

1 Like

User error is specifically excluded, but there is a restoration process that has been set up to cover that.

Thought the problem there was Zeus getting fed up with the competition and hurling a meteor

First in a series; up next The Pyramids of Giza - Fuck them Pharaohs an’ Shit

3 Likes

Thoughts exactly when I read about the crown, hadn’t heard of it so had a quick look. It does at least have an interesting provenance traceable back to 600AD. The thorns are all gone, cut out by various custodians over the years in an attempt to curry favour across Europe. Bribery the new veneration… British Museum and a couple of UK Cathedrals have thorns from it.

1 Like

References of a biblical nature should include the mention in Genesis that God saw his creation to be good and that Adam and Eve were in charge of maintenance . PS im not a church goer at moment. PS 2 if an item moves you emotionally then I’d place it in the ’ is this art? ’ category. PS3 aerial shots of the cathedral on fire in the shape of a fiery cross are highly symbolic to those of faith .

Wow! I couldn’t disagree more with that if I tried… One of my favourite insta feeds here. Have a look, see if you can be swayed.

Mods, a new thread on this subject might be fun?

3 Likes

Bloody hell!

I have no religion, and really think the world would be a better place without it, but a beautiful building is a beautiful building. A Cathedral’s ability to inspire awe is a thing in and of itself, whether one sees the divine in it or not seems irrelevant to me.

2 Likes

Not sure if genius pun troll or grammar fail

1 Like

No but it’s normally the design of a single person.

Da Vinci was quite a good painter but also put his hand to a bit of architecture as well, is that not art as well?

Grammar fail… But damn, so close. :grin:

Architecture thread

1 Like

Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Is Rabski doing it?

2 Likes