Why shouldn't I buy an old S Class?

Assuming you can afford to put aside a slush fund to keep it running worth a go.

My son is now 6’6” so I know the feeling.

I’d get an LS600hl. So far the LS430 has cost me buttons to run. (Other than 27mpg).

1 Like

I average 34mpg with the Hilux, which is more polluting (diseasel), so you’re pretty much Greta Thunberg with a beard :ok_hand:

1 Like

The 5 series had cost almost nothing to run
Tyres are expensive, as run flats, but 40mpg and no major snags in nearly 75k of running…

I’m not sure what goes wrong these days, cars after about 2010 are all so reliable.

Fate is listening, and won’t use any lube when you get what’s coming to you for making a statement quite that spectacularly rash prior to buying a complex German luxobarge… :laughing:

2 Likes

Exactly. Do it.

1 Like

Tending to agree - it’s kinda madness, but also, life is so fucking short, no one wants to lie on their deathbed thinking “This is fine - at least I bought some Sensible fucking cars…

1 Like

Spending £27k on a new mid spec Golf is madness.

Buying explody luxo barges is far more sensible.

4 Likes

No argument from me.

Which is rare.

7 series you could stick the BMW warranty on?

Just buy the Merc. Lovely car, comfortable, spacious, cheap for a prestige motor, nice, tho’ not exciting to drive and you want it anyway :wink:

BUY IT!

3 Likes

1 Like

Semi serious suggestion.
Not as prestigious and the interior materials might be a bit 2000’s but it’ll run forever, and not cost the earth to fix.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110168546982?advertising-location=at_cars&model=Genesis&make=Hyundai&postcode=mk453gp&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1501&sort=relevance&include-delivery-option=on&page=1

I’d get a lexus though

If you can find a car that you all fit in, that likely narrows down the choices significantly, so just buy it.

1 Like

Challenging wank time.

1 Like

We’re too tall for a lexus, not matter how much others protest.

I’m trying to ignore the advice to buy an A6. My head has been saying this for a year but my heart isn’t in it.

A 7 series is a good option, but an S class is the real deal. The OG. Its an itch I may have to scratch. Need to speak to Deano who services my bimmer for not a lot of dosh. See if he can looks after an S.

2 Likes

How about the Audi A8 LWB i posted?

1 Like

Audi = pay extra for a Skoda to try to impress Karens who know no different.

Talk to your mechanic James, and then just buy it anyway :ok_hand:

You can always do weddings and funerals if the HVAC thing goes quiet…

2 Likes

Skoda Superb is calling you…