Wifi mesh

thats useful. i think its OpenDNS ive used so i’ll look up the CLoudFLare IP’s

I really like cloudflare, they don’t sell DNS search history data like other providers either.

1 Like

my router is now point blank refusing to let me edit the DNS entries… bizarre as I’ve previously changed them (to OpenDNS) so I know it can be done. bizarre…

My Unifi stopped working for the first time today. It was odd - the wired one stopped working, but the one that connects via it still worked fine. Not sure how that happened, but a restart fixed everything.

And the pi-hole is great - adverts just don’t load. I also have a VPN running on it so I can route my mobile data through it as well. Nifty.

I am currently pleased with my internet stuffs.

We moved into our new house in October and I’ve been running a netgear orbi mesh over the 3 floors ever since. The setup was slightly faffy but nothing an internet search of orbi and virgin didn’t sort out in 20 seconds.
So far it’s only gone down once, when the power went out and it came back and reconnected with zero issues.
Would definitely recommend one.

So with a reply speed reminiscent of AOL I have now got pihole running on a spare Pi4 with the standard two adlists. Are there any other good ones kicking around?

I just use the standard ones. The adverts that I want to block are the likes of YouTube ones; that is really fiddly as they change it to stay ahead of ad blockers!

Just use uBlock Origin and give zero fucks.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be Adam if he didn’t find a really fiddly solution that is generally infuriating because it only works 94% of the time and randomly corrupts your bookmarks every wednesday with a new moon. :rofl:

1 Like

it’ll also need 16 DACs and a golden router

1 Like

I use uBlock as well, pihole is good for non browser stuff