Windows 11

Ah, ok.

From a sample size as huge as that, I concede defeat.

2 Likes

Our mac book air thing, 11.5 months old needed a new screen last week. 10 days left of the warranty.
Lucky

I have had a shit ton of windows PCs and laptops. The PSUs wear out on desktops eventually. I have never had a windows laptop long enough for it to break. But 2/2 with Apple. I don’t plan to buy a third.

Must be at least 7 years old, if not older

as above.

1 Like

apple QC

2 Likes

I usually buy Dell or Lenovo laptops as they seem reasonable build. Bought two HP laptops for my kids and both failed inside 2 years.

I usually don’t care who makes the tech but HP really seem to fucking hate their customers and design all their laptops to be as shit as possible.

we ditched HP through our box shifter. We are being sold Dynabooks (was Toshiba IIRC) ATM and the colleagues seem pleased. Some reports of the keyboard being flimsy.

I just received a new i7 32gb with nice screen (15.6) and it seems to work ok. Certainly better than my old Surface 4.

My work laptop is an Elitebook and I love it. Looks smart, feels solidly built and is light, has good sound (for a laptop) and so far works fine. Has only been about 6 months though mind.

Age and reliability wise still using an Acer laptop bought at…Comet.
(Now having sung its praises it will now undoubtedly instantly self combust).

1 Like

We’ve had an old Lenevo for ever, and despite the case and mouse buttons being a bit broke it’s still soldering on…albeit rather slowly…

Sounds like the average AA member. :grinning:

2 Likes

:rofl:

If you can, and haven’t already, stick an ssd in, it’ll get a new lease of life

1 Like

Now had a message from Windoze offering free upgrade to W11
Currently running W10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 (AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz) 8GB RAM 240GB SSD

Is there any point?

It’ll give you something to moan about on here.

9 Likes

With regard to major windows updates, it’s always prudent to wait a bit and see how other people get on with it. This is especially true if you have AMD hardware components.

2 Likes

I upgraded, barely noticed any difference at all other than the menu looking different with the central windows button.
No issues for me

My PC is too old :smiley:

Menu is harder to use than 10, more clicks needed for the same result. :roll_eyes: