World War 3

Just heard on Swedish radio.
Sweden now sending more arms to Ukr.
500 million SKr.

Guided missiles and more etc.

Guess they figure now NATO is progressing nicely, what the heck, give the Russians a good taste of Swed-tech, might put them off any northern military operation ideas.

1 Like

They’ve already been getting it, NLAW is a Saab/Bofors design, and along with Javelin, turning hundreds of tanks into Ivan cookers, one of the reasons Russia has abandoned it’s Blitzkrieg tactics and reverted to pounding the fuck out of cities with long range artillery.

Hopefully Saab has some longer range missiles available to send to Ukraine that can reach that artillery to level up the playing field somewhat.

1 Like

HIMARS and the French CESAR system is starting to do this quite effectively. Both outrange most Russian systems so they can issue a kicking then fuck off to a new location before repeating.

https://twitter.com/iAmTheWarax/status/1542256317796155397?s=20&t=ahFVaJhkDA0KmagwAc1wHA

1 Like

This conflict is turning into a proper demonstration of modern NATO armaments isn’t it… I expect many many export orders to be signed over the coming months

Twenty years ago (:smiling_face_with_tear:) at university, we had quite an in depth phase where we considered if the weapons developed with the Cold War in mind would transpire to be technical blind alleys in the world of low intensity conflicts that looked to be the basis for future weapons procurement. It’s bizarre (and tragic) that we’ve come full circle and they are being used for pretty much their envisaged function (combat superior numbers through greater accuracy, higher mobility and better targeting).

Anybody watched the Bernie Ecclestone car crash interview on Good morning Britain this morning ?

I’ve just read the report of the interview, per itv news.
It seems Ecclestone has employed the same ghost writers as Trump did. A fine man, a sensible man, I’d take a bullet for him, there must be something in this for Bernie, hopefully that bullet with views like that.

1 Like

If my daughter is going to inherit all my £billions she can damn well earn it by being confronted everywhere she goes with “wasn’t your dad that racist fucktrumpet formula 1 bloke?”

His haircut was ample punishment for his family surely…

Following Boris’s ’ lets take our tops off and show our pecs’’ at the G7 meeting, Vladimir has responded with ‘he’d look disgusting’. Petty, but it seems Putin isn’t as daft as suspected.

It would appear that the Russians have withdrawn their forces from Snake Island - bit of a strategic victory for Ukraine if true :+1:

Hardly surprising considering the metal that’s been hitting the island the past few days

True but an amazing kick in the balls for Russia all the same.

1 Like

The Bodhana howitzer ably assisted by a TB2 drone.

1 Like

Payback’s a bitch

Interesting slant on Putin’s plan.

2 Likes

Tractor man

5 Likes

If he’s not careful, he’ll get Zapped