WTD - Proper full range horn system

I’m going to bring my tweaked First Watt J2 and (for my own benefit) ANUK DAC.

1 Like

I can’t find it now but was it @murrayjohnson who posted a picture of these part way through being assembled?

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

ANJ M7
First watt F4
Border patrol 300B (maybe)

1 Like

Be good to hear these on the end of 300Bs - seems an obvious combo.

@sjs BTW - be good to hear one or two bits of your stuff - never have.

Unfortunately I cant make it to Norfolk this weekend, but there should be some amps at Whittlebury Audio Show Deluxe, so grab yourself a freebie from Jim

Hopefully also at Munich again in May.

1 Like

I am bringing Coco 300B mono blocks

2 Likes

Not sure, but looks like the crossover might allow for amping the bass separately?

Courier a nice foo’d up Model 5 and Model 7 to Jim’s and I’ll happily look after them until you can collect in 2025.

3 Likes

If you’ve heard Naim then you have, he only puts the valves and copper on to hide the Naim PCBs.

2 Likes

@Jim should have asked Kevin to bring some down with him :grin:

I can bring a Perreaux 255 which is a stupidly powerful A/B integrated.
Not sure it’s what you need, but if you wanted a comparison with the more delicately powered stuff…
Otherwise I won’t attempt to unplug it all!

Similar to my Threshold then. Thanks, but don’t break your back Steve.

1 Like

Can I ask, when @Jim’s amazing system is set up and experienced by you lucky lot on Saturday, does the forum shut down? Where do we go from here? Back to the start?

There should be some kind of ‘lifetime achievement’ award as part of the day, surely.

6 Likes

Until someone goes for a full steepletone set up,the forum stays

9 Likes

We’re always just one Euromillions away from that possibility…

3 Likes

Don’t forget the BHB full loom

2 Likes

When the entire forum is dripping in bitumen and bankruptcy can we have a party?

3 Likes

The only lifetime achievement folk on here would associate me with would probably be flatulence or maybe measuring, but hifi, nah :joy::joy:

6 Likes

FTW.

They look and no doubt sound fantastic, would love to have a listen one day.

Congratulations, Jim.

2 Likes