WTD - Proper full range horn system

Here’s some bumf on the BD3 (The ones included with the Pnoe Horns in germany are BD5’s (The magnets are bonkers)

1 Like

Apparently they sounded awful there - Weird atrium position, shit accompanying equipment and just poor (even the guy who makes them says so) My friend has some, I’ve heard them many times. I sat next to Ritchie listening to them once and we both really ‘enjoyed’ them (Coveted may be a better word)

1 Like

Is this the fellow who’s moved to Scotland?

1 Like

Yes, he moved a few months ago - Grrrr.

So, do his looks similar to the ones in the link you posted?

They certainly have a ‘look’.

Here’s his:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnqtcfS9fo

I sat next to Ritchie and recorded this on an Iphone, off axis. The sound has taken another whollop via YouTube compression - Still I can’t think of a speaker that could produce the sound of the strings quite like these. There seems to be a different colour mounting in the horn throat?

3 Likes

But have you heard Keith Don’t Go through them?

5 Likes

I think the Gotos will tick @Jim 's boxes more. And a prepackaged, ready to go system is probably the best idea.

2 Likes

The guitar on that cut is excellent - but I can’t truck with Nils vocal.

2 Likes

Eh? The Pnoe horns don’t even have a crossover, let alone multi cabs cables etc. They are plug n play.

2 Likes

It’s a great song but the number of times I’ve heard it at shows (a fuckton) means that it’s quite nauseating to listen to now :frowning_face:

1 Like

How low do they go? Does he use some form of bass speaker system with them?

Yes, a roomful of men in macs nodding sagely to that leaves me flaccid. Fortunagtely the guy who owns the Pnoe’s me and Ritchie were listening to is probably the highest end record dealer in the UK. He can fuel those speakers in unspeakably arousing ways.

7 Likes

No bass reinforcement - Just the drivers.

1 Like

Just double down and go all in Jim. Pay Kevin a visit and go for these. The Palladians look better, imo (Kevin thinks so also) but I didn’t get to hear them. I would make do with either🤣!

5 Likes

Does anyone know if the Gotos have a crossover/are able to be driven by a single (stereo) amp?

Are they available in other colours. They look like urinals.

1 Like

On visuals alone I’d take them.

To my eyes, they look like massive saxophones…