Wtd Silver tonearm cable

Had a mishap with my tonearm cable and it is currently being repaired.
Looking for a replacement/spare. Straight DIN to RCA 1m.

The internal tonearm wiring is silver, as are the transformers and wiring in the SUT so seems a shame to stick a copper wire between them, so silver it is!

What have you got, or what would you recommend?

I bought one of these a few years ago (or their equivalent at the time) and it’s fine.

They’ve gone up in price a bit since I bought mine.

2 Likes

I think I have an original SME one, for an SME IV. Weren’t they silver? If so, you are welcome to use it.

AFAIK they were OFC copper

lots of options on his website:

:+1:

Dug it out. Made by Van de Hul. Says silver hybred.

@sjs @pmac
The one I had previously was Yannis Tome.
I was almost ready to pull the trigger on the one you both linked to but thought I would check what else was out there!
When you ask a question with the answer in the back of your mind, and two people agree with you, it is a rare moment :grinning:

2 Likes

it was that, or suggest you make up your own AN AN-Vx cable:

1 x DIN plug £135.83

2 x 0.5m AN-Vx @ £501.78

2 x AN RCA plugs @ £45.69

1 x WBT silver solder @ £29.92

inc postage and VAT approx £1,525 :grin:

Might make two so I have a spare
How hard can it be?

2 Likes

Would also need to factor in a Weller variable temp soldering station so best add another £450 :grinning:

Having soldered AN-Vx in the past this is some championship level trolling :+1:

3 Likes

More like melting than soldering!

if you want to solder a 1m interconnect then start with a 1.5m interconnect :grinning:

I have a silver AN cable not doing much. Can’t remember the model. Its the hideously expensive one. Sorry if that doesn’t narrow it down much.

Tone arm cable or interconnect?

Tonearm. I think it might be .75m though. Ive not used it since parting with the S6

2 Likes

Thanks again for that Rick!

1 Like