Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

A. If they appear not to immediately agree or comply with what you’ve just said

B. If they’re foreign and haven’t had the decency to learn English

C. If there’s an audience and you want to show off in front of them

D. If you’re bored at work

E. If you think the recipient is a bit of cunt and you feel like shouting at them

There’s 5 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

its not - we had a full and frank discussion. I certainly didn’t raise my voice back,

This might be a common in many work environments, but it is a rare occurrence here.

When he returned from his meeting, he apologised for his unprofessional behaviour. I am not his line manager, and this is the first occurrence of this behaviour with me, so I shall leave it there but he is also now aware of what I will do if he does it again.

It ruined my morning, as I was feeling a bit demob happy as its my last day before hols and it came as a bit of a surprise…yes I shall be on holiday from tomorrow!!

Shouting is for sissies - you haven’t lived until you’ve seen the sales guy pin the office manager to the wall by his throat.

Or a full-on wrestling match between an 8-months pregnant woman and her arch-nemesis.

Dangerous business, this software stuff.

7 Likes

I always found in industry when you frequently had to step things up shall we say, whether on the shop floor or the board room, that the threat of losing your temper and shouting/ mild violence was always more effective than actually letting rip.

After all, once you’ve done that, where else is there to go? The constant shouters may have cowed many but if you stayed calm they had nothing else.

I always take a sawn off into work

Best to be prepared imo

2 Likes

funnily enough I was going to challenge him to a duel, but I had left my pistols at home

A mild-mannered guy I used to work with split up with his wife who, unfortunately, worked in the same drawing office. Worse, she took up with another bloke in the drawing office. Worse still, the bloke was my colleague’s golf partner (“Bad enough to lose your wife, but to lose your golf partner too …” as a mutual friend pointed out). Anyway after the alcohol-fuelled Xmas party, and a lot of taunting of him by her, he lost it and knocked her to the ground. Security put him in a cab home. Never to return. My bit of HM Govt really didn’t tolerate workplace violence. At all.

VB

What were you designing? Tanks?

Ray guns.

1 Like

I saw him on tour etc…

3 Likes

A novel kind of particle accelerator called an “energy recovery linac” - a beast of a thing really. This is it http://images.slideplayer.com/35/10520708/slides/slide_4.jpg. I was seconded to the project to provide the photoinjector laser and to spec the higher power scattering and diagnostic laser while they recruited a permanent staff member. I handed over to him around 2009/10.

VB

The idiot at BBC2 who gave The toxic twat That is Nick Ferrari Newsnight. The Beeb had become Sky

1 Like

Fixt

1 Like

Just do it, Judge. just fucking do it…

3 Likes

The fucking KLF or whatever they want to call themselves can have one, their music was shit in the 80’s/90’s and they were a self involved bunch of fucking twats trying to be alternative and quirky.

Fuck off back into obscurity you boring cunts so I don’t have to keep hearing about you on the radio.

5 Likes

Very well put, sir :+1:

1 Like

Argos can have a cockpunch with a very large run up. Sold me a used NOW TV box as a new one,even the voucher inside the box has been used for gods sake!

Utter twats!

Oh and they didn’t (or any other store anywhere near) have any of the special offers they report to have actually stock.

One for trading standards I think!

2 Likes

I’m with you on this, Claire saw a set of patio seating there, at a very good price. Of course it’s unavailable anywhere, and not even available for delivery. So Ok, I accept stuff sells out, but it was on their site for at least a week, all that time it never came in stock. Just fucking clickbait. If it’s sold out, take it off your site, cunts.

1 Like

A large kick from me for sport shop sellers advertising discount prices for a product. When you try and buy you find that the discount applies only to a weird colour or xxxS or xxxxL.

Won’t have anything to do with Argos after I had to do a project for them and saw how fucking terribly they treat and pay their call centre staff.

Makes Mike Ashley look like jesus.

1 Like