Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Whoooosh

I’ll whoosh you up and down our stairs nowinaminute.

3 Likes

Ok

So your evident dislike for the guy appears to be based on him having loads of money and living on a Caribbean Island.

Sound.

FFS I can’t be arsed to argue with you.

No, you lost an argument. Move on.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you treat the views of the saintly Mike Ashley with the same deserved esteem? Just because he generates money for HMRC.

1 Like

No, and it’s a facetious argument to make, so don’t.

It’s his face that’s the problem.

This one makes me laugh.

At least you’re not trying to dress it up.

They will pay a lot in employment taxes, but not much corporation tax - they always use a complicated tax structure with overseas holding companies and the ultimate holding company is in - of course - the British Virgin Islands!

You were defending Branson for reasons that could similarly apply to Mike Ashley. It would’ve been more effective to try defending his position on funding disaster relief. Your justification was somewhat irrelevant to the criticism of what Branson had been saying. :smiley:

You’d think he could afford to build a more substantial house down the, what with it being in a hurricane area n’all.

If you want to equate Mike Ashley with Richard Branson, that’s up to you.

I’ve had the opportunity to meet both of them. I know which one I’d rather spend half an hour with!

I think you’ll find Branson’s companies pay very little corporation tax as the profits are kept outside the UK. There was an ‘expose’ in the Times some time ago detailing his companies and structures and how he hides his money with most of the UK trading companies losing money.

Are they his companies, thought he gave up running them years ago and now just licences the name out?

It certainly isn’t an established fact that Branson’s activities have been of net benefit to Britain or the British economy. Certainly Tom Bower, who has written I think, 2 biographies of him, would argue that the opposite was true. But feel free to continue buying into his very effective PR whatever the truth actually is. I imagine Mike Ashley would argue he actually makes more of a contribution (despite being a cnut) given that he still seems to live & run his businesses here.

Seems like you have an agenda.