Yorkshire Dales roast-off Sep 14th to 16th 2018 - LAST YEAR

Can do C. London :+1:

2 Likes

https://audioabattoir.com/t/brexit-creating-a-cuntocracy/696/3899

Yep. No probs. We can sort out times etc soonest.

2 Likes

What do we need to bring?

So far I plan to bring the the phono stage and cd player, some cables to join them up and a 5 litre box of Merlot red.

Anything else needed food wise or other stuff? I’m at the caravan for the 10 days before so taking cooked food up is a problem but I can burn things as well as anyone if help is required over the weekend. I’ve got a Bookers account so can bring bulk bacon if that helps. .

Ditto.
Not sure what the etiquette is? Shop when we get there? Bring it all? I know people will bring bits but is a case of a kitty when we arrive and a food shop?
There’s an awful lot of us and I suspect we need a fair bit unless every day is eat out day!
Most of my big villa hols we do an online grocery shop and they deliver it to the place :smirk:

Fuck off Steve, we are talking Yorkshire here. It’s only a 10 mile walk to the corner shop.

Man up.

4 Likes

I’ll bring my ferrets then and we can get us some rabbit.

4 Likes

Speakers corner. Bring 'em on!

SME’s visited J7 and is sounding fine with the 401. I’ll have a Denon nail and Audio Tecnica MC ready to roll. If there’s any other carts you lot want to bring stick it in a headshell, I can bring scales and set up tools .

May need a phono stage with a rumble filter looking at the speakers …

2 Likes

@DiveDeepDog is that the 3012? That would be great to hear! Have you polished it too?

The weekend is getting better.

1 Like

Yeah, 3012 rewired and sounding nice.

1 Like

Johnnie is great isn’t he!

2 Likes

How is he? I heard he was unwell.

Didn’t know about that - not spoken to him for about 4 months.

The bugger better be ok, he’s a fucking star.

It’s third party information. I read (can’t remember where, unfortunately) that he was poorly and wasn’t taking on much new business.

Could be bollox, hopefully!

On the strength of that post, I’ve ordered this. It’s been in the back of my mind for a while to hear what the results of vinyl to R2R might be like, without the fog of memory. Won’t get a better chance.

Interest has largely been perked by this Weegie crew, tho’ I see they now do HQ digital download of what used to be vinyl only releases.

Gotta hope for a rumble filter!

It would an interesting to compare, if someone brought a hi-res recording, along with appropriate replay equipment, of a particular recording that @murrayjohnson happens to have on tape.

On second thoughts, how much drink do we need and are there plenty of sausages and bacon on order?

3 Likes

Ah, the benefit of second thoughts…

Hoping to do similar to Lopwell, i.e. cooked meal Friday evening (I’ll make a goulash and transport it up), Saturday hopefully a BBQ (or oven cooked if wet), Sunday slow roast pork (if Ritchie is willing to share his recipe or supervise).

Booze wise, hope to have about 40 litres of home-brew, then it’s what everyone brings.

Will post more details soon (off for a walk today).

2 Likes

There is a theory that if you contribute roughly the amount that you will eat and drink yourself over the weekend then we should end up without having to get a skip for the leftover food. At Lopwell that’s tended to look like this

(only not so tidy) and

plus about the same again brought by Terry.

VB

7 Likes