2017 Formula 1 - The next generation

The fact remains, that punishment must start somewhere and it MUST start at the top. What Vettel did was petulant and disrespectful to the sport which has made him a very rich man-child.
A serious kick up the jacksie will send the appropriate message to ALL competitors.

2 Likes

Hi freefallrob, thanks for providing the link. Reading articles like that help make it clear that journalists actually get told bits and pieces and then extrapolate (or were told incorrectly to start with) to something that is plain wrong. It did get my joining Sauber correct though, which was a surprise for to me see (no announcements from Sauber). I have only mentioned on here and at PFM that I have joined Sauber (and on LinkedIn) so I remain surprised (but clearly the information is in the public domain) that Joe Saward would have any idea about me starting there.

1 Like

I don’t see how there can be a polarised view on what happened. Video evidence, telemetry and so on all show Vettel was at fault - twice. The first time, he may have got away with. A lapse in concentration, an inadvertent over-acceleration, whatever.
The second impact - yes, low speed - was deliberate. There were no mitigating circumstances.It was sheer childish petulance, and has no place on a F1 circuit (or in any other level of motor racing, or indeed in any sport).

That he’s committed pretty much exactly the same offence before should be enough. Maybe a ban isn’t appropriate, but docking the points he scored at Baku is.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Photography

It’s an artist plying his trade using a different technique. Whether it is worthy is a philosophical question.

More about Photography than F1.

photo True.jpg

I think they should have allowed Hamilton to kick Vettel in the bollocks, with a run up, on live telly :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Roshambo style with Cartman commentating.

:+1:

It’s actually a website…

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19642335_1352648488175797_4044133494272016240_n.jpg?oh=32f7234077375ff5faad69aff4974398&oe=59D4C3D4

2 Likes

Just as thing show an upward trend…

Pretty typical for Ferrari. Foot/bullet interface achieved ?

Maybe they’re switching to Honda

Could be a cunning move…

Probably poached by another team, thats all.

Is it time for McLaren to build their own ?

Probably time to roll their own, certainly

And no, they’re not gonna build their own, that would be completely nuts in this generation of engines

1 Like

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19961111_1978697582345513_6218824596243607210_n.jpg?oh=fb3098ac5838082f0ded31ebdae5ea97&oe=59C72EF3

1 Like

Strange goings on this last week.

First, Zak Brown and Boullier start talking nice over the weekend about Honda progress (amid other rumours of an Alfa-badged Ferrari deal) then AMS reports that Sauber won’t after all be taking the Honda motor. Can’t be a coincidence, obviously

It could mean Honda are leaving with a kiss and cuddle clause, but it probably (IMHO) means they’ve finally taken on some outside help that McL are happy with, which is more palatable than a Ferrari customer deal.

Quite why Honda wouldn’t want to have a second team is beyond me, but there’s no obvious team in need of a motor other than Sauber

My understanding was that the Honda deal was what the non-racing person fell out with Kalternborn over. Knowing what will be a good future choice is always difficult. We shall see.