2017 Formula 1 - The next generation

You are a bearded Alanis Morrisette and I’ll happily claim my fiver. :slight_smile:

What a horrible thought! :confounded:

My office was chocker monday morning of colleagues (most women, actually) who were non F1-ers and had watched the race as a one off, or becasue hubby was screaming at the telly, and all of them were hugely excited about it.

Frankly I trhink there’s a lot to be said for knobling Hamilton’s motor at least once a season

Would the last McLaren sponsor please turn off the lights…

That’s sad

SURPRISED

Blimey, didn’t see that one coming.

Nor me, wonder what you can read into that then??

Holly crap, I’m shocked!

Alonso to Mercedes then?

I’m sure more will come to light but I’m not yet convinced.

Perhaps Hamilton demanded to be Merc driver 1 for 2017 and Rosberg did not want to be no2?

Or maybe knowing that 2017 was probably going to be a really tough year for him in F1 made a smart decision,
yes good luck to him.

Reading the rolling news on the Beeb, it looks like he had one ambition and that was to be No.1. He did that, what else is there for him to do. he has now said that he wants to concentrate on being a father and a husband. Good luck to him and I, for one, wish him well

4 Likes

Still managing to piss the French off, added bonus.

1 Like

If it is true, you can’t blame him really. The pressure over the last 3+ years against “The Whinger”* after 20+ years of competition, with his ultimate goal achieved, must leave him a bit flat.

He is a modest and gentle human being, who has managed to be happily married, be a father and has a very good life in general. He has never blamed others for his misfortune, has worked tirelessly to become a championship leading driver through intelligence and strength of will.

Good luck to him and I for one will miss his intellect, modesty and sense of fair play.

*Yes, I know. It’s a wind-up :rolling_eyes:

2 Likes

Pretty much sums it up…

…and some completely unnecessary stuff from Hamilton when a little dignity might have recovered some lost ground…

Drivers 2017

Mercedes
Lewis Hamilton
TBA

Ferrari
Sebastian Vettel
Kimi Raikkonen

Red Bull
Daniel Ricciardo
Max Verstappen

Williams
Valtteri Bottas
Lance Stroll

Force India
Sergio Perez
Esteban Ocon

McLaren
Fernando Alonso
Stoffel Vandoorne

Toro Rosso
Carlos Sainz Jr.
Daniil Kvyat

Haas
Kevin Magnussen
Romain Grosjean

Renault
Nico Hulkenberg
Jolyon Palmer

Sauber
Marcus Ericsson
TBC

Manor
TBC
TBC

All of the above subject to change :rolling_eyes:

I’d prefer that champions (of any sport) defended their title, but a season of f1 is certainly intense and so, if that’s what he wants then good luck to him. I’m a bit disappointed in him though

It’ll be fascinating to see who gets Nicos seat. I hope it’s Alonso as that’s the driver pairing from heaven and finally we can have it settled, done and dusted. Probably won’t be though (and McHonda have nobody to replace him.)

Ferrari surely won’t drop Vettel (yet), Weirhleins too fresh, Bottas too meh.

Ricciardo would surely WANT it, RB have a like for like in the wings (Sainz) but would Merc want him after Max has made him look a wee bit slow this year?

Not disappointed but surprised.

I agree with most of your post except for…

Nationality aside (and anybody who knows me should understand), I think Ricciardo would be a good fit. Verstappen has stolen the headlines and has “gone for broke”. A more mature drive this year has shown that Daniel isn’t that much slower but is certainly more reliable. On paper slower, yes. But I don’t think Ricciardo’s reputation has suffered.
Max is also tied into a long term contract.

I believe that Alonso is the best fit.

While not 2017, I may just book my tickets…