Armchair politics

She does my head in. If you want to wind her up on Twitter, call her the “pound shop Katie Hopkins”.

2 Likes

She’s only come to my attention in the last 6 months or so but agreed. She does seem like another ignorant gobshite so undoubtedly she’ll go far.

When she & Anne Robinson were being irresponsibly dismissive of womens’ complaints of harrassment a couple of days ago, I thought it would come back to bite her. If Fallon had been too ‘handsy’ with her 15 years ago, there was no way that would’ve been an isolated incident. It was only going to be a matter of time before details of other such instances (probably more recent) would come to light. He’s jumped before they did.

She’s another one who seems to get on BBC QT an inordinate amount of times, simply because what she has to say is controversial.

I cannot watch it any more.

2 Likes

This. Very much this. It ceased to be Question Time years ago. It is now Opinion Time, mostly unsubstantiated too…

I think they really struggle to find any normal, rational sounding pro Brexit people to appear.

I suspect that in defence of Damian Green, No10 has instructed their usual attack dogs in the media to intimidate another innocent woman who dared complain about harassment (and in typical DM fashion they attach a woman to the byline to give a pretense of balance)

Disgusting but evidently they need to set an example so other women don’t dare pipe up.

I’m somewhat surprised they haven’t installed a clapometer yet. I may write in and suggest it, perhaps as a companion mobile app.

2 Likes

I can’t listen to the radio 4 any answers either.

On the other hand the show afterwards where people phone in to comment is regularly pure comedy gold.

1 Like

No, I’d go looking for an axe to destroy my radio if I had to listen to it.

I can’t find it funny any more, I find myself loathing so many people. I need to turn it off.

4 Likes

Another one from George Eaton’s Twitter feed, who clearly has the hump today:

Worth clicking the link as Eaton claims a female Tory MP describes Gavin Williamson as a ‘self-serving cunt’.

(Bet that was Anna Soubry)

Saw a repeat of this description of GW somewhere this morning

"a senior Tory saying of him: ‘He might be thought a callow youngster from the sticks. That would be a grave mistake. He makes Francis Urquhart look like Eddie the Eagle.’ "

1 Like

BBC QT could be quite entertaining tonight particularly if a few hard right Brexiters are throwing their sex toys out of the pram.

2 Likes

another ones bites the dust

1 Like

Hunt, Gove and Johnson would be good.
I don’t mind the order.

4 Likes

It simply astonishes me that Boris hasn’t been snared in this roundup given his track record.

1 Like

Fear?

I presume he holds muckier dirt on others around… or some other sort of “get-out-of-jail” card

He was up for the Leadership after Cameron resigned (before Gove stuck the knife in) I can’t believe central office would have let him stand if they hadn’t checked out his past and paid off any ‘problems’ so he probably thinks he is invincible.
He certainly seems to be the Teflon Tory

No doubt there will be few Labour and Tory MPs off to “seek treatment” soon, seems to be keeping Spacey and Weinstein out of fucking prison!

2 Likes