Coco BTJ-9000

Simply stunning, the stuff you produce in your kitchen is amazing, I bet Heston Bloominfuck couldn’t knock up a fuck off chilli followed by a phono stage to stab for.
With Sit amp for pudding :grinning:
How Big is the Balanced version gonna be?

1 Like

Thanks Paul. The balanced version sound be possible in the same size case as there’s a bit of space left in the current one.

The PSU will be bigger, though!

Ha, and heavier? Seriously lovely work :heart_eyes:

Yep.

1 Like

Bigger ! It cannae be done …

I’ve seen the plans, it will be astounding and compact

13 Likes

So a few of us got to hear the BTJ at the weekend as Dave kindly brought it to my bake. After a few minutes of interrogation we managed to get Dave to reveal which were the the input and which were the output sockets :grin: then after adding an earth lead from my SUT that was not really up to Daves exacting standards of a “proper earth cable” :wink: we fired her up.

It sounded great from the off to me. I think I was listening off axis for the whole day and being a bit of a sweet spot fanboy it still wasn’t hard to hear what the BTJ was doing. Really clean with a detailed with all the attributes you could wish for some top class vinyl replay. I had up to this point not heard a phono amp I preferred over my Rhea in my system but the BTJ is a Coco masterclass of a build.

Dave is a lucky man.

3 Likes

Thanks Nick , sounds like it worked really nicely in your system!

It really did sound superb, and Nick’s system is the best ever, so we were able to appreciate the quality.
Well done Pete.
Now it just needs a bright blue light, and a red, on/off switch.

1 Like

Needs a badge.

Not as big as I feared, most rooms could still have a settee :grinning:

3 Likes

Finishing touches…

25 Likes

Class :heart_eyes:

Trying not to think of the cost of an equivalent foo stacked integrated amp …

1 Like

Might just be my OCD but is the right hand 5687 badge a little skew.:smiling_imp:

Haha, fun! A serious bit of kit with a sense of humour :grinning:

1 Like

I think that’s just the photo angle, looks like some lens distortion… It’s straight in real life.

why are the valves wearing headphones? what kind of foo is that?

2 Likes

Want one two

3 Likes

Me too!

Actually I don’t :grinning:

1 Like

It does look as if it should be on some Eastern Bloc locomotive or truck!

2 Likes