Diet and Fitness

You can’t go wrong with that! Dribble…

Mondelez, owners of Toblerone, are listed on the NASDAQ, which hasn’t opened yet. Sell, sell, sell !!

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/mdlz/interactive-chart

VB

Its the last four sets that bite - you’re out of breath, heart rate maxing and you have to do -

7 press ups with only the time it takes to do 3 squats to ‘rest’…
Then 8 press ups with 2 squats rest…
Then 9 press ups with 1 squats rest…
Then 10 press ups

So 34 press ups with less than 10 seconds rest in between. That’s why you really need to be able to do 30-40 press ups straight to be able to finish the challenge and set a decent time.

Apparently everyone thinks ‘piece of piss’ and then fails on the 8th or 9th set on the press ups!

Ok, that’s a long way off for me…which is good. It gives me something to progress towards long-term, being able to do that routine 6 days out of 7 (?).

Once I can do 10, I’ll add 2nd and 3rd sets then increase to 15 (?) reps and look to decrease the rest time.

Once I’m able to do that routine 3 times a week and my time is decreasing I’ll look to add extra days. That a sound sensible (and a long way off!!)? Hopefully at some point decreasing body weight and increased aerobic fitness will combine to help progression

I’ll stick to my resistance band stuff for back at the moment and introduce kettle bell swings at some point

I think its more of a tester than a progressive routine. Something to challenge yourself with periodically and see whether your training is helping you to get faster.

If you’ve got a KB then I would recommend a variation on the routine I’ve just begun for Feb. Play with the numbers of reps but a good progression circuit could be -

KB swings - 10 reps
Body weight squat (full range of motion - ie ass to grass) - 5 reps
Press up - 3 reps
Crunch - 10 reps

5 Rounds with no break to begin with. And then quickly progress to 10 rounds which would probably take you 35-45 mins and give you a total of 100 swings, 50 squats, 30 press ups and 100 crunches. Great all over body workout and will give you gains in strength and cardio.

Just managed 10 push ups continuous. I took me 30 seconds so I rested 30 seconds and tried another set. Only managed 5. Rested another 30 secs and could only do 3. 30 secs for 10 push ups sound right? I read it should take a couple of seconds to do each one?

Should I have rested longer between sets?

Tried to concentrate on form…but think my elbows might have flared a bit on the last rep of each set

I feel like I’m making progress at least, and on all fronts.

I led the easier club ride yesterday, and although my average heart rate was higher than I would have liked, and when I pushed myself on the hills I was nothing like I was last year, it felt pretty easy going overall so maybe with a lot of pain I could hang on on the main ride. I think I’m going to go out myself next Sunday and push myself more as a benchmark.

1 Like

Great progress :slightly_smiling_face::+1: Really well done! It was only a couple of weeks ago when you started.

Probably rest 60 seconds between sets at this point. Also you might be at the point of starting to do 3 sets of say 6, and when you can do that, go for 3x7 etc.

Just try not to push yourself to do to many reps and then fail on sets 1 or 2.

Is your training work translating into your rides do you think? I expect the circuit I recommended above to feed positively into your cycling.

Ha. I think that’s basically what I did tonight :thumbsup:

Thanks. I looked back through the thread and it’s been about a month, but that’s including that fucking horrible cold.

So the plan is now to find a number of reps that I can do three sets of with 60 secs rest, and try to up reps every couple of days?

I want to start to introduce other stuff but wary of overloading myself after burning out last year :stuck_out_tongue: I ordered a 12kg kettlebell

I think it is helping. I noticed pretty quickly that cycling out of the saddle felt easier. Regardless, it will help long term, even just if it helps keep body fat down, but I suspect all round conditioning helps with putting power down.

Trying to not worry about losing weight hehe (but I want to) Hoping that since I got down to 63kg without much muscle tone last year then with the push ups etc… I can get body fat lower and maybe stabilise around 65kg as a sustainable weight.

My soup and stir fry diet is manageable and in fact enjoyable. Made a curried lentil and brocolli soup to alternate with my sardine mock-bouillabaisse. Getting a bit sick of my oats with banana and egg but it properly does the trick and keeps me full till after my lunchtime walk.

Are you a jockey :open_mouth:[quote=“NAM, post:430, topic:358, full:true”]
Thanks. I looked back through the thread and it’s been about a month, but that’s including that fucking horrible cold.

So the plan is now to find a number of reps that I can do three sets of with 60 secs rest, and try to up reps every couple of days?

I want to start to introduce other stuff but wary of overloading myself after burning out last year :stuck_out_tongue: I ordered a 12kg kettlebell

I think it is helping. I noticed pretty quickly that cycling out of the saddle felt easier. Regardless, it will help long term, even just if it helps keep body fat down, but I suspect all round conditioning helps with putting power down.

Trying to not worry about losing weight hehe (but I want to) Hoping that since I got down to 63kg without much muscle tone last year then with the push ups etc… I can get body fat lower and maybe stabilise around 65kg as a sustainable weight.
[/quote]

Wow. Suit today, and there’s a huge difference in how it fits since the last time I wore it on 17th Jan. Last time it just fitted, now I definitely need a belt. :thumbsup:

1 Like

28" waist? :grinning:

Ha. No.

Oh my god, I just remember being that size! :sob:

Pretty sure I was born with a higher waist measurement than that.

4 Likes

I’m 10.5 Stone and would like to add a Stone at least. I have to make a real effort to consume enough calories, just never been a big eater. Also I don’t get as much sleep as I’d like.

I worked every day last week and didn’t train but leaving work early today to go for it.

a stone in fat? easy. I did that in 2 months before Christmas. Cakes is the key. Stop exercising too, that helps

2 Likes

Ha ha. At 17, competing still, I had a 26" waist and 40" chest :slightly_smiling_face:

28" waist in my 20’s; 30" in my 30’s; 32" in my 40’s :scream:

Hence current exercise regime to get fitter and take a couple of inches off.