Diet and Fitness

I fell off the wagon for about 3 days :stuck_out_tongue: Letā€™s see if I manage to stay back on today :thumbsup:

1 Like

Managed to cling onto the diet wagon yesterday.

I thought Iā€™d possibly overdone it on the ride home last night (I averaged 185bpm for >10 mins), but this morning on the ride in, it was easy to keep my heart rate in the recovery zone and legs felt good.

Think Iā€™ll take it a bit easier on way home tonight, but do the same route, walk in tomorrow for a rest then do a big ride on Sunday and take a recovery week next week.

Really need to start introducing other exercises into my routine, but what Iā€™m doing at the moment works easily around my life- it feels like adding anything else would take more of an effort

Iā€™ve lost 2kg since 29 Jan. Now down to 79kg. 4kg to go.

I find MyFitnessPal absolutely crucial in recording the calories, otherwise thereā€™s too much opportunity to bullshit yourself.

The sync with Fitbit is very good and it records the +/- of any exercise and activity through the day to adjust the daily intake allowance.

3 Likes

Totally agree. Itā€™s a massive wake up call to how much we really consume vs how much we need.

Keep it up.

Excellent, you could use them for bench pressing :grinning:.

VB

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good effort!

I never know to what degree I should consider exercise calories. There was a paper recently that claimed that due to metabolic compensation pretty much any amount of exercise only allows you to eat 200 calories worth of extra food a day. Canā€™t find it, but in any case I guess even the best calculation of calorie expenditure is prone to error.

By the way, which fitbit have you got? Iā€™m thinking of using one with my fitness to help with the 11lbs of fat loss I want to achieve.

1st gen Charge HR.

I was weak and ate cheese

I wouldnā€™t worry, at your weight your bike probably rides itself :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve struggled to eat enough with this cold but think Iā€™m over it now so will do a session tomorrow or Saturday.

An eating session ?

VB

Not what I meant but Iā€™m trying to eat more every day :slight_smile:

Manā€¦I struggle not to eat like a bastard when I have a cold :stuck_out_tongue:

Exhausted, no training today :confused:

I think my throat might be feeling a bit raw but thereā€™s no fucking way Iā€™m not going for a ride tomorrow and giving up my free pass to escape the fucking kids for 5 hours

2 Likes

Sorry, I probably shouldnā€™t have came on here with a cold!

10 minute Tabata this morning after breakfast. Will be hitting the KB circuit in a short while.

What exercises did you do for your Tabata workout?

Jog on spot.
KB swing (light)
Star jumps
KB deadlift
Mountain climbers

20 sec max effort, 10 secs rest, 4 cycles.

1 Like

2 Likes