Feckin' Weather

Quite

Your friends and their dogs were lovely (sorry, I forget the names) That walk was great

Quick snap out the front door earlier today.

I get out to a pub for lunch once a month with friends. This month it’s tomorrow. It’s a 10-11 mile walk to the pub which means starting before 09:00. The temperature at Benson (weather station between Terry and me) dropped through -2.0C at 22:00 and was falling quite quickly. Think I might need a hat and some gloves.

VB

1 Like

I know they aren’t very accurate but -8 showing on my car dash display this morning :flushed:

Accurate or not, it’s still a bit chilly.

Sounds about right. It was -8.4C at 05:00 at Benson and there’s no reason for it to have warmed up much since then (precious little wind, no sun obviously). I’ve put a vest on.

VB

Just dropped Mrs JB off at Pershore, ,-12c which agrees with agrees with the BBC’s figure :scream:

A balmy -4 in Grantham this morning.

-5 here…

Our 2nd car doesn’t have a thermometer, but it was fcuking cold this morning. I made the decision to bring the car’s battery in doors last night to charge it, as it was slow to start yesterday, fired up no problem at 7am.
My hands were cold mind refitting it.

Things are warming up and now it’s -2.9 here in Freeland

+3 deg here, but ground is frozen - weird.

No aurora last night. Cloud didn’t shift until midnight and as my bedroom window looks due North, I tried to stay awake to see if anything developed, but must have dozed off. Woke up about 3am but still no signs. Forecast again for tonight, but also going to be cloudy so not hopeful.

1 Like

-5c and slippy this morning when I took the dogs out for a walk.

There was a bit of a ‘glow’ seen from North Roe (Shetland Mainland) but nothing more

(Picture from the Shetland aurora hunters group on facebook)

11 Likes

Still an excellent photograph Paul :+1:

Sod off with your Mediterranean climate :roll_eyes:

All we’ve had is a fair degree of rain. Lowest I’ve seen at all is -2 and today it’s about 6c.

Similar glow seen from Mid Yell last night too

(Picture from the Shetland aurora hunters group on facebook)

11 Likes

Eldest daughter says it’s snowing heavily in Helsinki.

Does it ever not snow in Helsinki?

Snows for 4 - 5 months a year.