Football

I remember Villa wining the European Cup. Luton Town was probably still in or around the First Division then. I’m glad they’re gone because I’m Luton intolerant. :scream:

I’ll get me coat…

1 Like

Go Huddersfield!

My bet on Harry Kane to win the Golden Boot at 16/1 might come in after all.:sunglasses:

Imagine how many he’d have got without the two injury enforced breaks.

wow Leicester blown away - Leicester 1 Vs Spurs 6 (Harry Kane scores 4)

mightily impressed with nothing to play for and after the emotion of the last game at WHL, I really expected a damp squib of a game. It really was a masterclass from Spurs

Spurs (and it almost hurts to say this) have been the mot entertaining team this season. I (almost) hope they can do the same at Wem-ber-lee next season

This is encouraging, the issue at the club is mainly down to the owner, and having a blank chequebook like Chelski would work wonders!

You’re right, and what a sad indictment of the Premiership that is.

2 Likes

Nice to see The Whinger getting his excuses in early before tomorrows game against the Mighty Palace…

It’s like a mutually assured destruction arms race to give the same overrated footballers more millions.

Best thing that no one wants to do, is pull the plug on the ridiculous money circus and base success on the coaching and developing of players. But that doesn’t suit Sky nor the current ‘top teams’ from around Europe who are only too happy to maintain non competitive leagues which artificially embed their success. Pffft.

It is indeed…

But while the punters are happy to pay the madness will continue…

Arseski does have a ring to it :hugs:

1 Like

Haha, this is currently amusing… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ok, business as usual… :roll_eyes:

Hull 0 - Spurs 3…impressive for a dead game…

Hull 1 - Spurs 7 - even more impressive

Pity they couldn’t do it at West Ham!

1 Like

Never seen anything as cringeworthy in my life as John Terry.

3 Likes

indeed, but it wouldn’t have made any difference. One of very few bad days this season… it was the draws in Oct/Nov that did it for us…

Not to your taste Mark? He is a much better person than his reputation. We will miss him big time. And congrats to Liverpool for squeezing into CL.

We’ll never know. It might have just put a little more pressure on Chelsea.

I was more mystified as to why Spurs were so pathetic in the Champions League campaign. Was Pochettino really focussing on his PL push that early in the season? The way they’ve played this season they should have done far better in European games. Maybe still just naive?