Football

Was surprised to see a tear in Guy’s eyes when John Terry gave his speech.

1 Like

I should hope he is!

The day after the September 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centre, Terry and team-mates Frank Lampard, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Jody Morris were accused of drunkenly mocking American tourists at Heathrow Airport.

January 2002 | Terry was charged with a confrontation with a nightclub doorman after celebrating the birth of Morris’s first child.

February 2002 | CCTV caught the Blues defender urinating into a glass and dropping it onto the floor at an Essex nightclub.

November 2006 | After being sent off, Terry was accused of abusing Ledley King and later fined £10,000.

March 2008 | Terry was fined £60 for parking his Bentley in a disabled bay outside a Pizza Express restaurant.

December 2009 | Terry was investigated by the FA and Chelsea after being accused of accepting £10,000 in £50 notes to show a News of The World reporter around Chelsea’s training ground.

January 2010 | The England captain allegedly had an affair with team-mate Wayne Bridge’s wife, Vanessa Perroncel. Following the scandal, Rio Ferdinand replaced Terry as England captain.

October 2011 | Terry was banned for four games and fined £220,000 for allegedly calling QPR defender Anton Ferdinand a “fing black c” as his side lost at Loftus Road.

4 Likes

Think spurs may do far better in the CL next season than they will in the league.

They need to keep the team/manager together for at least 3 or more years to win the title imo.

Would I get fined for calling him a fucking white cunt?

I can’t imagine how he turned out like that.

In 2009 the centre back’s father Ted Terry was filmed allegedly selling cocaine to an undercover reporter, months after his mother, Sue, and mother-in-law had been cautioned for shoplifting.

Chin up Guy you will have another year in Europe to look forward to. Thursday nights.

Which is my point. :grinning:

Maybe. Maybe not. We’ll find out on Wednesday.

It’d be nice to hear of something that contradicted the evidence suggesting he’s a mercenary and amoral cnut but so far I haven’t heard of anything.

2 Likes

Isn’t loving Chelsea enough?

Sadly, not quite.

There is talk of a Knighthood. Sir John of Stamford Bridge.

:thumbsup:

Where he’ll be given ample opportunity to clarify both what he said and what he meant to Anton Ferdinand :grimacing:

4 Likes

Terry is a thoroughly unpleasant racist cunt but his misdemeanours are trivial next to those of Joey Barton. The following is copied from Wikipedia:

In December 2004 after an incident at their Christmas party, Barton stubbed out a lit cigar in youth player Jamie Tandy’s eye.

In May 2005, Barton broke a 35-year-old pedestrian’s leg while driving his car through Liverpool city centre at 2 am.

In the summer of 2005, Barton was sent home from a pre-season tournament in Thailand after assaulting a 15-year-old Everton supporter.

Barton was fined £100,000 and suspended by City until the end of the 2006–07 season on 1 May 2007, following an incident during training when he assaulted his teammate Ousmane Dabo. Dabo said that he had been hit several times, was left unconscious and had to go to hospital after suffering injuries to his head, including a suspected detached retina. On 1 July 2008 Barton was sentenced to a four-month suspended prison sentence plus 200 hours of community service and ordered to pay £3,000 compensation and Dabo’s court costs.

Barton has been charged with violent conduct three times by The Football Association: for the assault on Dabo, for punching Morten Gamst Pedersen in the stomach and for attacking three players on the final day of the 2011–12 season.

In October 2016 Barton was charged with breaking rules relating to gambling on football matches. He was accused by the Scottish Football Association of placing 44 bets on matches between 1 July and 15 September 2016. In November 2016 he received a one match ban from the Scottish Football Association for breaking the rules on gambling on football matches.

In December 2016, he was charged with misconduct, with the Football Association claiming he had placed 1,260 bets over the past 10 years. On 26 April 2017, Barton received an 18-month ban from football after admitting a Football Association charge in relation to betting.

Hated seeing him playing for Newcastle.

1 Like

Fixt. Even more hateworthy than Robbie Savage as a player, leaving aside all the other garbage…

1 Like

1 Like

For the last few seasons, car crash manager. Totally unable to man manage or have any sort of strategy or game plan. Only a foolish chairman would employ him surely.

I take it this post is about Mourinho?

2 Likes