Football

It would be feckin brilliant…oh hold on…

That’s modern football for you I’m afraid.

He’s lasted longer than Mourinho did at Chelsea when they were last champions.

I agree that it’d be harsh if he gets sacked. Leicester are about where we might expect them to be after a freakishly good season last time out where everyone hit their peak & sustained it for the duration.

They are still in the CL & FA Cup & I do expect them to survive in the PL anyway.

True.

If they did win the Champions League and we came 4th (I know, I know…)

Could they do to us what we did to Everton in '05/'06?

:rage: cunts!!!

2 Likes

Looks like Joel Matip made the right choice.

Who’d want to win the ACON with their country when the opportunity existed to be beaten by Hull, Wolves & Swansea?

1 Like

Don’t worry Jim, you’ll be fifth. Ahead of us in sixth :grinning:

Yeah but if (I know it’s a big if) we came 4th and Leicester won, would we have to forfeit our place in next year’s CL?

He stopped playing for them 15 months ago, whilst still at Schalke.

What sanctions were they actually afraid of in that case? He missed several club games didn’t he while FIFA were dithering over it.

It was an utter farce. Nobody really knows what was going on. Only our clusterfuck of an administration and FIFA could pull it off.

Apart from recently he’s actually looked quite a good signing.

Still not sure what’s gone wrong with Liverpool recently. They never really recovered from facing Argyle & their League 2 reality check!

1 Like

Remarkable Celtic goal yesterday. All 11 players are involved in the build up which includes a rabona and a back heel. Enjoy.

1 Like

Could they do it against a non-pub team though?

2 Likes

They put 4 past Man City over two legs this season so I expect so.

Not much rotation, high intensity game and a gameplan that people have worked out, there is no plan B.

You’ve probably hit the nail on the head Bob. Long ball down the field and a couple of forwards to collect and skip around a poor defence, seems to work at the moment and probably for the foreseeable future. They are good to watch when on song though.

Great goal that.

Loved Celtic as a kid, partly because they were the first British club to win the European Cup but mainly I loved the kit, massive numbers on the shorts and I remember them having sock ties with numbers which I thought were so cool.

Tried googling to find pictures but no luck.

Think I’d have kept that to myself.:blush:

1 Like