Football

The old strip with the numbers only on the shorts was great. UEFA eventually put a stop to it. Here’s King Kenny:

2 Likes

Any pictures of the socks? :smiley:

I thought it was Revie’s Leeds team that did the fancy sock ties thing first.

1 Like

Celtics were smarter but who was first?

I do recall them all coming out & standing around the centre circle & turning round as they waved. 1972.

It did look rather flash at the time but they were a good side so could perhaps afford to be a bit cocky. Everyone else hated them anyway!

1 Like

I do have vague memories of garters with two little green flashes but not of flashes with numbers. I couldn’t find any pics though.

You’re not confusing them with cub scouts are you? :grinning:

Very possibly. My mental state on a good day is best described as hazy.

1 Like

Wish I had kept my football annuals :smiley:

Looks like Leeds were first but I’m convinced Celtic wore them.

Called Sock tags, googling celtic garters was a bad idea :smile:

We, Everton, took our place in The Champions league 05/06 and got beat by Villarreal in the 3rd qualifying round, and then Dinamo Bucharest in the Europa league !.
Special Dispensation F.C. started in the 1st qualifying round of The Champions league. I don’t know what the rules are now.

Liverpool push three so high that the midfield steps up, leaving the dthe defence exposed to any side that moves the ball out fast, and into the other half. It’s not their defence, more the lack of protection and a defensive shape as a plan b. They need a Kante or Mascherano of old.

They lack width, especially on the left, so sides can channel them inwards and crowd them out.

Finally, the season is taking its toll a bit and the energy isn’t there. Sides are working hard to combat the threat now, and the over reliance on some players is obvious. Firmino isn’t on fire…

They pressed and probed incessantly against hull but never looked clinical in the area.

Hull had 27 percent possession and won. Suggests LFc may need to sacrifice some passing for some end product!

Yes, but despite losing, at least you can point at the other team & righteously call them long ball merchants. :grinning:

This just did the rounds on the book of faces.

Sinclair

1 Like

Ginola

Jürgen Klopp’s first 54 games in charge of Liverpool:

W26, D16, L12

Brendan Rodgers’ first 54 games in charge of Liverpool:

W26, D16, L12

1 Like

Snap!

My banhammer is getting restless :angry:

1 Like

A draw so far but Klopp would win on penalties :smile: