Football

I think you can blame that on the options he had open.

Harsh.

While it might be better for Liverpool if he isn’t, I hope Salah is fit for the World Cup as he is like the Messiah in Egypt.

He hasn’t improved since the shambolic efforts of the 2014 WC in Brazil. Modric & Kroos are difficult to play against but Henderson made no impression on them at all. Firminho was also utterly anonymous.

Actually I thought he made some decent sharp passes under pressure.

VB

1 Like

He hasn’t improved since he left Sunderland :grin:

1 Like

What it shows is that Liverpool are seven or eight players short of a squad. They clearly need to offload two keepers, two strikers and Can is gone. They need three players on top of this lot going. This is where ÂŁ250m will be needed, have they got it and the will to spend?

Glad it wasn’t just me shouting at him last night !!

I like a good sideways passing time waster as much as the next man, but it’s just not happening up top for him, apparently.

Such a shame Can left, as I really thought LFC could have built a midfield around him once he grew up.

They need a sitter, none of the current options are. And As fun as he is, Ox isn’t the answer to anyone’s question.

It’ll be interesting to see if Bale will stay and get more game time if Ronaldo chooses to leave… That’d be the logical outcome that best serves all of them. I hope Utd aren’t tempted to get Ronaldo back.

Who could possibly afford him though? I can only think it’s a Chinese club or PSG - surely Utd don’t wanna spend that much on him?

Meanwhile…

He certainly seemed short of support as he wandered around after the game

2 Likes

Gutted but Fulham deserved it. Bruce got it all wrong first half and sat off them. Then when we had an extra man the subs and throwing all the strikers on completely ruined the momentum we had.

Oh well, 6 pts each off Bloose and Baggies next year will give us a good platform :slightly_smiling_face:

i

Apparently Bale is washed up and a busted flush :roll_eyes:

1 Like

One match doesn’t make a man.
Commiserations.

Bad day for football. For some of us…

Bad day for Liverpool but not for football.

Noisy partisan crowd. Entertaining match. One great goal, one good goal & two howlers. The better team won. Seemed a pretty good day for football (unlike last weekend’s FA Cup stinker)

I did say some of us.

:smirk:

Just a shame a show piece ended in injuries and howlers.
The goal should be the only headline.

I don’t know Guy I quite enjoyed it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Not surprised a United fan is celebrating a match and calling a it good day for football where a cynical and serious foul has basically robbed a fella of captaining his country in the World Cup. You cunts should sign Ramos.

4 Likes

I’m sure you enjoyed the outcome but the game was terrible. Last night’s was much more of a spectacle.

That’s a matter of opinion. Not one that either Lampard or Ferdinand shared last night. Defenders & strikers come together, arms often get interlocked. He was unfortunate to fall the way he did but it happens.

Despite losing Salah, Liverpool got back to 1-1. From then on they were outplayed & the better team won.

1 Like

Fuck off.

2 Likes

Liverpool were the better team until Salah went off.