Football

For the first time I really felt sorry for Wenger. His body language and lack of reaction to what was going on in the game confused me.
Is there something going on that we don’t know about? Leaving Sanchez on the bench was beyond belief, this is one of the best players in the Premier.

It sounds as if Arsenal decided to abandon their normal game & go long for a change. Try to emulate what Leicester did so effectively last week. Picked a team accordingly except they didn’t really play that way.

Cech,Welbeck & Sanchez aside they look really ordinary at the moment. Whoever replaces Wenger has got a big job to do & that’ll involve spending money. I guess that’s why the board have been happy to leave Wenger in place for so long. He doesn’t spend too much.

That’s the problem isn’t it. The answer to any football teams problems are never about coaching or long term team development- it’s always short term throw money at it, on more overpaid bang average players to replace the last lot of overpaid bang average players.

Wenger is just trying to do (some) things the right way but football has changed past this and the sense of entitlement to win trophies amongst the current top teams and their fans, right now and at once, just fuels the waste of riches for very little return. Wenger just won’t go along with it and so he’s the wrong man at the wrong time. When Arsenal are forced to replace him all they can look forward to is a revolving door of managers and players at great expense, with no real prospect of being any more successful than now.

2 Likes

Giroud is no Vardy though. Liverpool fucked up badly on Monday playing Lucas(!) and a very high line against Vardy. Not going to end well.

Spurs 1 Everton 0 - great goal Kane

Kane a bit of a flat track bully. :joy:

Come on Harry - got a tasty e/w bet on him @ 16/1 to be top PL scorer.:+1:t2:

1 Like

My God Spuds are playing well.

ftfy

Spurs 2 Everton 0 - Kane again, I thought this Everton team were meant to be good…

Looking better and better :+1:

('scuse the pun)

Spurs and Liverpool are very similar,in that you never know game to game what team will turn up.

LOL, what gave you that idea?

unbeaten in 9 would suggest a certain level of competence

oops…

Was thinking of the match against Genk the other night.

one word Wembley…

Odd ending today but a win 3-2…

Larsson should have fouled Toure in the build up

Unfortunately Wenger has overseen a lengthy period of underinvestment in the team, and we have not seen that depth of talent since David Dein left the club and hence stopped buying the players…

Our current plight rests squarely on the shoulders of the owner and Wenger, who’ve colluded and allowed this situation to develop… They’ve wrung every last drop of value out of the team, and there’s no future legacy, that Wenger once shouted loud about…

Will be interesting to see what his decision will be;