General election 8th June

The older I get, the more I discover that the wheels start to come off when things reach about this level of complexity

Beyond that and you’re into the disaster which is privatised electricity.

VB

1 Like

The French have very strong Unions and are very active. When I was contracting in Paris my Section Leader was the Shop Steward and a Communist. He hated us.

Artificially creating a market appears to be a foolish way to deal with natural monopolies. It is a great way to line various pockets though. Selling assets and consuming the proceeds makes not one jot of sense…

Patrick Minford and Alan Walters would tell me I’m wrong though…:neutral_face:

here’s the biggy then, which party has the bestest economic plan, if you can call it that. Phil the Spreadsheet and his £23 billion structural fund, or, Jon “I’m as sexy as that Greek fella” McDonnelland his neutrally borrowed cash for nationalisation?

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea about which plan is better. I’m not trained to evaluate that kind of thing, and even if I was I doubt either party either intends to or can mange to deliver on the vast bulk of their promises.

I think we are at a point where the only way forward appears to be some lunatic form of Schumpeterian creative destruction at the National level. We’ve commoditised housing, health and education to the extent that all three are increasingly unobtainable for the average punter. What next?

Revolution

3 Likes

Clean air

Not likely if @Jim and others keep attending the Turan…

1 Like

1 Like

4 Likes
2 Likes

It would appear that labours core working class vote (whatever that is, but lets assume they tend to have less of a formal education) appears to be disappearing up its own chuff. Yet that is the vote they appear to be gunning for.

Wasn’t this a similar story in the EU vote? If so this election is just a re run of that and the Tories appear to have hoovered up all the leave vote, oh well.

If that voting intention chart is right, and assuming that income correlates with education level, everyone in the country appears to vote for what is worst for them personally. You couldn’t make it up.

There are plenty of rich, stupid people. Otherwise there wouldn’t BE a Conservative party…

unfortunately, like America, the stupids are winning. The future is a kitten heel, stamping on a human face - forever. :worried:

2 Likes

If Labour stopped blaming everyone else for being stupid and gained a modicum of self-awareness for 5 minutes, they’d stand a chance. As it is, they’re going to get rekt.

6 Likes

Have you noticed the Tories have been hiding the loon Boris away from the press.

He has been hidden since last June,also Hunt seems to MIA since last week.

Hunt is working with North Korean hackers to destroy the NHS before the election so no-one will bother voting to save it.

Korean hackers succeed where all of Hunts efforts have failed.

1 Like

:tired_face:

2 Likes