General election 8th June

I’m with you, she’s another vile one

It’s a shitfest.

I’m off to bed. It’s just all over the place and I’m bored of it!

Still riveting viewing (watching the ‘alternative’ show on C4).

May has gambled with the countries fortunes and so far looks like she’s got it horribly wrong.

The positive I can see is that the under 25s appear to have got out from behind their computers and actually gone out and voted in numbers. I think this is good news.

2 Likes

Yes, I suspect there’s going to be a big post mortem on this one.

May will go.
Boris will be licking his chops,

Higher turnouts is great.

Uncertainty isn’t.

Lots of positives but a result that isn’t positive for any party with aspirations of influence, based on expectation.

Fuck it, I’m breaking out the beer and chocolates.

1 Like

:thinking:

3 Likes

Im going to have some more choccy biscuits

1 Like

Labour gain from Conservatives in Clywd,
That’s one of the six…

Higher turnouts generally benefit Labour.
If the higher turnout is made up of young voters then that is a victory for the country as a whole. I have been increasingly saddened by the failure of young people to engage in politics, or to be fair the inability of politicians to engage with young people.

If more young people are registering and voting and see a relevance for them then that has to be welcome.

There is also a thought that the higher turnout is a reaction to the recent terrorist events, taking part in our democratic process is the best way to react to people who want to destroy our democracy.

2 Likes

Betfair have corbyn odds on to be next PM

1 Like

Bloody hell I thought that May ran a bloody useless campaign but nothing pointed towards this kind of omni-shambles.

Thank fuck it looks like the end of her political career - hah, strong and stable, what a fucking joke.

2 Likes

Boris on 5/1 to be the next Tory leader.

That’s like burning money.

Optimism on steroids.

Go to bed Steve!

1 Like

Good advice mate, I’ve got a hell of a drive tomorrow.
But it’s developing into a slow motion car crash…

We will see.

Take it easy driving tomorrow chaps.

Im surprised they are surprised re the ukip vote,read weeks ago it was neck and neck where there votes were going.