General election 8th June

Interesting reports in the Guardian that Hammond and Rudd want a ‘jobs first’ Brexit (i.e. stay in the common market/customs area) while Fox, May and others want to stick with ‘controlling borders’ and therefore a hard Brexit. Indications are that there are threats to resign from cabinet.

Not much of a surprise then. Hopefully, the DUP agreement won’t fuck up the GFA and the Barnett formula funding agreement for the rest of us because the Tory Party looks set to feed upon each other.

The Barnett formula thing is really dull but very important. Unless the Goverment do something to circumvent it, spending an extra £1 in Norn Iron will mean the Treasury will have to spend a little bit less that £34 in the rest of the UK to maintain fairness. I’ve asked a research wonk to explain the Barneet formula in writing in two paragraphs as I couldn’t deal with the level of murderous intent I felt following his verbal explanation by phone this morning.

Effectively, Mrs May might need a magic money orchard if she wants to pay the DUP without shafting everyone else, which we can’t see her MPs in marginal seats agreeing to.

1 Like

Pretty much all of us at the time. No one was prepared to spend public money and tax us more to invest the billions required in our water systems. As with all publicly owned industries, successive government of all hues had failed to invest and we kept voting them back in.

John Major’s bastards still being decisive twats then, what a surprise.

1 Like
4 Likes

My new favourite site. Very minimalist design and succinct message.

At last some good news:

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Arse!

:scream:

he is more boring that John Major…

:thumbsup: You forgot a bit. I’ve fixt it for you…

3 Likes

thank you Jim Olan most kind…

Jim???

:thinking:

1 Like

I didn’t realise Jim had moved?

Nor did I :lying_face:

Fuck, this means I’d better don my socks, sandals and cape…:disappointed:

On the upside I can increase my pork intake by 3784% (approximately) in my new role…:grinning:

2 Likes

You’ll get a pork intake - right where don’t want it :angry:

2 Likes

Never on a first date mate…

2 Likes

Oi Yellow ! Leave my brother alone :rage:

1 Like

First the grindr, then the mnky…:clown_face:s everywhere.

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes