Munich 2017

Probably about £1800/pr.

94 dB/W

On must listen list.

I think they’ll be starting to send them out in August.

Business opportunity for @stu

2 Likes

devonmudacoustics.com

3 Likes

They look great, Heco seem to have a similar design philosophy to Weber Rehde. That range of speakers is becoming a must hear, especially the single driver model :+1:

A better image of the driver.

I think they take the view that while still making (& selling) conventional looking speakers via a very large network of German MediaMarkt type shops, they can have a bit more fun with the Direkt line & take some inspiration from older approaches to speaker design without having to necessarily be pursuing the specmanship that the conventional models have to follow. But this will be the complete range. One of the features of all three models is the wide baffle so they won’t be going any smaller than this one. I will be trying to push for them to look at other ways of doing the magnets though. The cones etc would lend themselves to a field coil but they’d have to be sure that it was giving a tangible improvement before they’d introduce it.

7 Likes

That was Kharma from my fellow countrymen…
(insert I’ll get me coat emoticon here)

5 Likes

I got some time to listen to the new Direkt on Saturday and I thought they sounded really good. clearly in the same family as the others and less obvious whizzer coe than most of my Lowther experiences.

I was surprised how close in size to the original Direkt they are, but for quite a lot less money. At sub £2K i think they are a really interesting speaker

I spent a good 45 minutes in the Silbatone room on Saturday and it was better than Thursday by quite a margin. I suspect the larger crowd and additional absorption in the room actually helped.
Huge scale, dynamic capability and speed but without an ounce of perceived effort, it was quite stunning.
I think the LVs had better fine detail and delicacy, but even they couldn’t match the sheer drama. I guess the LVs are also obtainable in some sense, whereas the whole Silbatone room is utterly unobtanium

4 Likes

Anyone know what these speakers and amps are?

FM Acoustics from Switzerland

1 Like

Yeah, as @coco puts it, he’s just trolling the entire HiFi industry, suppliers and consumers alike!

Thanks Dave :thumbsup:

You do like your pyramidal speakers.:stuck_out_tongue:

Very expensive gear even second hand, when they come up.

Yes :smile:

I had a look. Lottery money :sob:

When I was in the FM Acoustics room they were using those speakers in a system to demonstrate a (presumably digital) box of tricks which filtered out the clicks and pops from the pretty scratched up vinyl that was being played. It sounded dire - truly feckin awful…:unamused:

1 Like