Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Love the looks of the double glazed cd player. Gorgeous :+1:

Wish i’d kept my micromega transport

Which one? I have a MicroDrive and a Duo Pro 3.0. The Duo 2.1 and 3.1 are not the ones to go for. 3.0 sounds as good as the 3.1 and doesn’t die. The 3.0 is a significant upgrade to the 2.1. The MicroDrive is as good as the Duo.

There were also Stage drives.

Can’t remember if it was the 3 or 3.1

Lovely thing to use,and sounded superb.
Had numerous of the stage ones,and the junior,logic and leader.

I reckon we should assume you have every item of hi fi kit ever made, then work backwards. :laughing:

6 Likes

I have a Logic too, no remote as they didn’t have one, still sounds OK.

The 3.0 and 3.1 look very similar and sound pretty much the same, but the puck is different, being all black on the 3.1. The 3.0 I have is a wonderful thing, a very analogue and mid-range sound, with very slightly rolled off deep bass.

I am looking forward to the Classic Solo, as I have not heard one in any detail. I can bring it to the summer event.

1 Like

Do they come up for sale much? How much is ball-park for one of these? Half looking for a CD player or transport but not sure what to look for and these look nice, which is as good a reason as any I suppose!

1 Like

The Micromega Classic Solo is fairly rare, maybe one or two a year appear. This one is coming from Berlin.

Generally about £800-ish.

The Micromega Duo Pro 3.0 transport is more common, and they are about £600-ish now. Be picky though, the one I have is my fourth one. Make sure you get the transport screws and the remote.

The MicroDrive is very rare and price is difficult to say, but about £400.

I found this NOS Luxman EQ-88 valve mm phono stage and OPEQ-88 power supply too tempting to pass up. :blush:

9 Likes

More pics of vu meters are needed.

3 Likes

I’ve had a set of 42s.

They were speakers

10 Likes

If you could just darken the room all romantic like. Starting to get a semi.

4 Likes

Maybe a gif of them moving yes?

2 Likes

Yes yes yes…oooh…

1 Like

Hang on. Isn’t that a speck of polystyrene below the word OPERATION ? That’s like turning up to a date with a ravishingly beautiful woman only to find when she smiles that she has a piece of spinach stuck to her teeth.

VB

It’s much worse than that. It’s a drop of blu-tack to dim the blue led.

1 Like

Pervert.

VB

2 Likes

Sennheiser HD650 headphones and Schiit Valhalla amp.

Sounds good but fuck me does the headphone amp get hot, makes a sugden look like a coolbox, after 30 mins it’s too hot to touch.

3 Likes

can you demonstrate frying an egg and bacon on it?

1 Like